IGNORED

Dumb wrench, I'm not going to use him again.

Bud

When I replaced the left front fork seal on my K1100LT I guess I didn't get the rear portion of the front fender tightened enough.

It's now gone!

Any thoughts on where I could find a cheap replacement?

BMW Boneyard or backtrack last known roads and check side of roads. grin.gif

Been there, done that, now have found one online!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Hey Bud, if you tighten those side screws on the rear portion of the front fender too much, it will compress the plastic (don't ask me how I know!) and then it will take some modification to get it to work. Just tighten enough. Nice K11, BTW. wink.gif

Hey Bud, if you tighten those side screws on the rear portion of the front fender too much, it will compress the plastic (don't ask me how I know!) and then it will take some modification to get it to work. Just tighten enough. Nice K11, BTW. wink.gif

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I won't ask. grin.gif

Red is a great color. clap.gif

Ah, you guys make me miss my K1100's!! Don't get me wrong; I LOVE my 1150RT, but I sure miss watch the tach and speedo needles swing around the dials on those wide open space roll-ons!

On the rear fender portion; try a nylon or mylar washer in front of the original washer. I don't know why they used a "slot" instead of a hole, but...it's really easy to over-tighten and squish the fender out, for sure. I small spot of lock-tite (blue, please) will give some added comfort against the bolt not feeling as tight as it should be.

Yea Tad Pole, these things pull like a train. You really only need 1st gear (to get started) and 5th. thumbsup.gif I used those star washers on mine as a repair, frown.gif one on each side of the slot.

Excellent color choice. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Astral Blue?

I used two small flat washers to actually add some surface to those slots. One washer on each side of the fender. I came all the way home from Canada one year with my fender banging into the radiator cover. Noticed it when I got home. frown.gif

Mick

Archived