IGNORED

Commute .....part two

Steve1962

Another nice day , so I came to work on the bike again , this time choosing a different route ..........

Anotherlovelymorning005Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning006Large.jpg

Misty this morning , but the soft glow of the sun still peers through the trees ..........

Anotherlovelymorning007Large.jpg

Roads like these are common where I live , but this one has to be ridden with care , especially early in the morning , as it it used by the local council refuse truck ........ eek.gifeek.gif ....no margin for error here .......

Anotherlovelymorning009Large.jpg

It does have benefits though .............. being a short cut , and very scenic .......

Anotherlovelymorning011Large.jpg

Just a few hundred yards later , the river runs parallel to the road ........ clambering down a steep embankment , I took these photos ...

Anotherlovelymorning013Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning014Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning015Large.jpg

The path ..shrouded by mist .......... almost eerie ....

Anotherlovelymorning016Large.jpg

Back on the bike , and across a main road , onto another lovely country lane ...........

Anotherlovelymorning020Large.jpg

I cleaned the screen after yesterdays suicidal assault by crack troops from the Bug Brigrade .........

Anotherlovelymorning022Large.jpg

Here , Eynsham Toll bridge , a popular short cut for commuters wishing to avoid the main arterial route [A 40 ]

Anotherlovelymorning023Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning027Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning025Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning031Large.jpg

And finally , a few photos of the waterway which the bridge spans ..........

Anotherlovelymorning030Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning026Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning028Large.jpg

Anotherlovelymorning029Large.jpg

Steve

Francois_Dumas

WOW ! Your photos are getting better all the time Steve !!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Just wondering... with all them stops.. how long does it take you to get to your work !?? grin.gif

Really lovely photos and so glad you post them for us to enjoy!

Francois

Francois,

That journey would normally take 35 mins .....this morning it took an hour .

I must apologise to the man walking his dog on the road by the river ........... because he wasn't expecting to see some bloke wearing biking gear [ including crash helmet ] and wielding a camera ............. come bounding out of the undergrowth grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ....... he nearly jumped out of his skin .......... after which I did say " nice morning isn't it ??"

Two mornings in a row now when I have not seen a pheasant .........either they are getting the message ......... or I am due another ambush !!

Steve

j4bberw0ck

Nice photos...... what time does the sun come up down your way? I reckon your vegetation is at least 4 weeks ahead of ours (where we have vegetation grin.gif ).

Firefight911

Such a beautiful thing to be able to commute without having to look at a concrete jungle!

Smashing photos! Well done! thumbsup.gif

Archived