IGNORED

New Windshield advice

MagYukon

Hi,

I have a 2013 R1200RT with what I assumed to be an OEM Windshield

Aperçu de l’image 

Aperçu de l’image

There's actually too much air and buffeting to my taste and I ride with the shield half way up to fully up all the time.

I'm considering to change it with 7Jurock which looks good to me.

They have 3 choices

Aperçu de l’image

BMW R1200RT 2010-2013 WINDSHIELD

Considering the little curve at the top, I'm gessing that it might help with buffeting but I'm not sure if, for the same height, it will be enough of difference or if I should go with the 26".

Anyone have experience on those that could give me their impression ?

Thanks !

On 10/29/2020 at 12:30 PM, 9Mary7 said:

That is actually what I was thinking about this winter. I'll measure it tonight when I get home and let you know.

I realize that some pictures are not visible.

Here they are:

20210206_194420939_iOS.jpg

20210206_194515481_iOS.jpg

I've been wondering about that shield for my 2006 RT.  I like the way the top edge is shaped to kick the air up.  I've seen nothing but praise for the Werks Quiet Ride shield, but unfortunately it is only available for the Wetheads.  The 7Jurock has a very similar shape and is available for the Camhead.  Now I guess I need to see why they don't offer it for the Hexhead - I know the mounting points are the same.

Wayne Johnson

I had a vstream on my 2011 rt and loved it a little warmer in the hot months of summer though. Currently running an Aero on my 2019 RT with comparable results 

My cold weather windshield is a Cee Bailey w/reverse curve like the 7 Jurock.  It is 27" tall and really moves the air over my helmet.  I think the reverse curve really helps move the air.  So much so that I rarely raise the windshield more than an inch from its parked position and look well over the top of it.  It is too hot for warmer weather and in summer replace it with the stock shield.   For reference I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam.

Cee Bailey no longer makes motorcycle windshields so I'm sharing this and some photos for comparison only.

95C5FC32-65FA-40C0-8F35-5FBEDD6AD973.jpeg

B38301FC-9743-4014-8CDB-76526BF4CC0F.jpeg

72C64687-9379-4B48-84DA-C33121E29715.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hey MagYukon,

Just wondering if you've had the chance to ride enough miles yet to have an opinion on the 7Jurock windshield. I'm thinking about one of these for my bike.

Thanks!

I switched to the Jurock7 last year and it made a WORLD of difference.  Much quieter ride for sure.  Their customer service is fantastic.  I'm 6"2" and just the top of the shield so I can just see above it.

I had a similar problem on another type bike a while back. I finally realized I needed to measure each shield from the top mounting bolt hole location to top of shield.  Another way to measure is from the top of gas cap to top of shield with shield mounted on bike. These measurements give you a more accurate idea of the differences in a shield’s height as opposed to it being a 22” or 24” shield. Bolt hole locations can vary from brand to brand. 

Rinkydink, that's a good point that I'd not thought of. I currently have the 'regular height' (not tall touring) V-Stream, and at 6'4", I get too much buffeting on the top of my helmet. This 7Jurock shield in question maxes out at the same height as what I have, but I also wonder if the reverse curve shape would solve my issues.

• 2 months later...

I bought the 7Jurock and I feel it does a great job. It is so effective that it may block too much air if you are riding in hot areas all the time...but I'm 5'10" and it creates a quite  cockpit!

I believe I go about the same length as stock but the little lip design smooths the airflow very well.

• 1 month later...