IGNORED

WTB: Russell Day-Long Seat '99' R1100RT

bhulse

Do you have a decent Russell Day-Long seat you would sell?  If it was made for someone CLOSE to my size I'd consider it. I'm 5'9", 29"inseam, 175lbs.  My BMW comfort saddle just doesn't suit me however if you could use it to replace the Russell you'd sell me I could negotiate that into the deal. Interested? I'm really focused on obtaining a Russell but would consider other after market seats that you might have. Thanks, Bill

• 2 months later...

Bill,  there is one for sale on the MOA Forum Marketplace you might wish to look at.  However it were me,  I'd offer a lower price as it might need to be recovered. This one is leather but when I had mine recovered,  I went with vinyl as the leather was a nuisance to keep protected from the weather.  Russell's rain cover does not cover very well. Yes I do have a Russell rain cover I no longer use. 

Cheers! 

Paul

http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/classified/r11001150-rt-russell-daylong-listing-23683.aspx

Russell will email you a quote to recover seat. I had one done a few years ago. From memory I think it was $170 with some added foam. They are nice people and build a quality seat, but slow. If you send a seat in, unless you have a spare, you won’t be riding for a couple of weeks

In my case, living in Canada made the shipping back and forth, plus our unequal dollar exchange,  extremely pricey; hence I had mine recovered locally. Fortunately my used RDL seat lasted nine years before the leather began to rot and required recovering.