IGNORED

knee pad tube socks - velco wrapped pads, etc? Recommendations?s

paRTy

Looking for any recommendations on knee protection for street riding. Current knee pads fit in pants, but move all over and probably will not be in right place when needed in a fall. Have searched forums but no real answers yet as far as I can tell.

Looking to wear something around my knees, i.e. tubes, velco wraps, "bohn" kind of pants, etc etc etc.

I will wear proper riding pants over them.

Anybody else do this and have an opinion. Protection, comfort, ease of use, etc.

Appreciate it.

The only thing that really comes to mind is the Bohn Armor. Short of something a motocross rider might use? 

I have Bohn armor but don't really ever use it. Bought it to use under Kevlar jeans. But I just don't use them much. It DOES keep armor in place where it should be. 

• Like 1

paRTy....I have a pair of riding pants that do the same. I fiddle with them the whole time Im riding.  This is what I use to cure the problem.  Sounds very similar to what Terry is describing with Bohn.  I only wear them when temps are below 60 or it just adds too much warmth for me. I wear the tops and bottoms in the winter when fishing.  No that is not me in the picture.  You can find some cheaper I'm sure.  The reason I use these are they are very very thin and have proven durable.

REI Co-op Lightweight Base Layer Bottoms - Men's | REI Co-op

5 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

paRTy....I have a pair of riding pants that do the same. I fiddle with them the whole time Im riding.  This is what I use to cure the problem.  Sounds very similar to what Terry is describing with Bohn.  I only wear them when temps are below 60 or it just adds too much warmth for me. I wear the tops and bottoms in the winter when fishing.  No that is not me in the picture.  You can find some cheaper I'm sure.  The reason I use these are they are very very thin and have proven durable.

REI Co-op Lightweight Base Layer Bottoms - Men's | REI Co-op

Sky wagon, thanks for the reply. Im not sure though how the base layer keeps the knee pads from moving around. I have LD Comforts which I love, but pads in riding pants still move around when I wear them. Am I missing something?

thx

Im not sure of why....but suspect it causes my knee to stay more still plus the slick material helps prevent the pads wondering around.  Try something you own first like long underwear and see if it works.  I have LD shorts too but they don't come down far enough.

• Like 1