IGNORED

Trip planner, app

greenrider

Hi 

Looking for an app to plan a trip with. What I want is what the discontinued streets and trips used to have.

-Entered the route and points of interest you wanted to see and how much time you planned on spending at each place.

-Start and end time that you want to travel.

-How long you want to drive till the next break.

Then it calculates how long you need for the trip. And helps decide where you should stay for the night.

We used it years ago on a 16 day trip to the maritime provinces and it was the greatest planning tool I ever used.

But it's discontinued.

Is there anything out there that does.the same thing?

I have used Furkot to plan that type of trip. It uses Google maps as a data base, but I think there are other map data source available. The version I used was free. Plus you can export your routes to different apps for either your phone or GPS to navigate the routes. 

Furkot

Furkot is the app that ticks all those boxes. Sadly, life and COVID have ruled out long trips for a couple years, so I don't have recent experience with the app. I believe they switched to OSM maps when Google drastically increased the price for using their API. Be sure to use the "Help" links. Some of the functions will be frustrating if you don't understand the programmers approach.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:00 AM, greenrider said:

Hi 

Looking for an app to plan a trip with. What I want is what the discontinued streets and trips used to have.

-Entered the route and points of interest you wanted to see and how much time you planned on spending at each place.

-Start and end time that you want to travel.

-How long you want to drive till the next break.

Then it calculates how long you need for the trip. And helps decide where you should stay for the night.

We used it years ago on a 16 day trip to the maritime provinces and it was the greatest planning tool I ever used.

But it's discontinued.

Is there anything out there that does.the same thing?

Morning  greenrider

If you have BaseCamp installed on your computer & have a Garmin GPS, or Garmin map installed, then BaseCamp has a Trip Planner built in. (enter trip days, times, places of interest, etc.)  One way or round trip.