IGNORED

c90adventures: Alaska to Patagonia

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

Searched the site, didn't see this previously posted, so here goes. 

A friend turned me on to this guy's YouTube channel, c90adventures, containing his crazy adventure tours on a Honda C90.  Good sense of humor and great footage.  Here's the first episode of his multi-year journey from Alaska to Argentina; 15 episodes posted so far, and I think he's not done yet.  This first episode is kind of a lead-in to whole trip, describing what he's been up to in the couple of years prior to departure.  

I'd give it PG-13 for profanity and nudity:

• Like 1

Yeah I posted that channel in ride tales also. I love people like that, no worries in the world or (at least it appears that way). :thumbsup:

I did merge another channel named “Scooter Tramp Scott” so it’s kinda confusing as to the direction it was headed. :classic_biggrin: 

Joe Frickin' Friday
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I love people like that, no worries in the world or (at least it appears that way)

I've done a few notable repairs to my bike during road trips, but nothing like what you see him doing in the first few seconds of that video, with the head and cylinder off.  There's a later episode in which he has to take a ferry somewhere; there's a free luggage allowance for passengers, but a massive fee for vehicles - so he disassembles his C90 completely and stuffs the parts into duffle bags to dodge the fee.   Brilliant!

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/27/2021 at 11:04 AM, TEWKS said:

No kidding, I’m feeling pretty good just plugging a tire on the road. :classic_biggrin:

Even if it takes 2 plugs, 3 strings, 3 other riders and a friendly gas station attendant... 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider
On 1/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I've done a few notable repairs to my bike during road trips, but nothing like what you see him doing in the first few seconds of that video, with the head and cylinder off.  

Does re-torqueing my left cylinder head on the R1100RT in the parking lot of a hotel in Lincoln, NE count? ;)

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 2/11/2021 at 10:22 AM, Lone_RT_rider said:

Does re-torqueing my left cylinder head on the R1100RT in the parking lot of a hotel in Lincoln, NE count? ;)

That, plus the HES on your bike later on that same trip.  

Plus swapping out the clutch actuator arm at the fall '08 BRR.  

Plus reinstalling the fuel line that popped off inside the tank on the way to the UnRally in Cody in '04.  (For anyone who wasn't there, try to picture a campsite crowded with a couple dozen half-drunk riders offering diagnostic advice while we had an RT torn apart far enough to get the fuel tank off and opened up...)

I'm about halfway through his Alaska-to-Patagonia adventure now, good fare to watch while on the treadmill.  Insane riding conditions, repairs that include a custom improvised three-wheeler conversion, and lots of interesting adventures and encounters along the way.  Will look forward to watching some of the other tours he's got on his channel after I'm done with this one.

Edited by Joe Frickin' Friday
Forgot about Cody...
  • Haha 1