IGNORED

R1200RT Low

Mick-f

Question: Did BMW produce a LOW version in the hexhead years? Was it lowered from the factory? Did it have a lower frame or just lowered suspension and seat? I put lots of miles on my 05, with a UNIGO trailer, but it was just too top-heavy for me.

Tks

Here's a "factory low" RT unit in Denver: https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/littleton-2008-bmw-r1200rt/7260878867.html

I don't know how the lowering is achieved, but might be worth contacting the guy. Till dirtrider and others get here, that is. I recently picked up an '08 RT with a shorter suspension with 4700 miles on it. I'm 5'8" and it's a wonderful fit, although it's not factory lowered. Good luck.

Mine:

IMG_8994.JPG

Edited by Still CAL
fix all the cock-ups

I bought an 07 hexhead with a low seat and standard suspension new in 2007. The low seat was the only way my short self could touch the ground with my toes.  I took the darned thing on a test ride on a damp and chilly day with the heated seat and grips keeping me toastier than I'd ever been on a bike, and I had to have it.  After about a year and some miles, I added shorter shocks, and the shop also shortened the side stand.  I really love the bike in this iteration and have been loathe to replace it.  I do have "long" legs for a short woman, but I'm still only 5'2" tall.  

• Thinking 1

Yes they did. It had shorter shocks as well as a lower one piece bench seat.

People could use just the "low" seat on a standard height model or vice versa to accommodate their particular "stature". (for a price of course):18:

• Thanks 1