IGNORED

Local Dealer

Rinkydink

Got a cold 4 1/2 hour ride ahead of me today. My RT is out of warranty 2-13 this year. I rode up to my dealer of choice, Grassroots BMW, Cape Girardeau MO for service and to have them check cam lobes just in case there is a problem. I don’t think it’s going to get any warmer b4 my warranty expires. Gonna be hitting the slab just to get home b4 dark thirty. Man I wish I had a local dealer. I would certainly give him my money just to keep him open. 

56CAA2AB-45A0-465E-B5E5-0C984AB17860.jpeg

• Like 3

One word: electric gear.

Ok, two words: electric gear.

It helps, but cold is cold.

Yeah, it's too bad you don't have one closer, that's a long way to go for service  even when it's nice out.

Good luck, keep as warm as possible.

And to be honest,  still a little jealous you can ride. No way to ride here, snow, slop, and more snow coming.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

My dealer is standard BMW average, but at least they're here in town....... Hope all went well:bike:

Yes, I am set. Now if this pandemic crap will go away

I rode one of mine in yesterday for the fuel pump recall,  30 degrees....... but only 7 miles. My ST is all fine now, and the heated grips I replaced in the fall worked great:18:

On 1/15/2021 at 9:18 AM, Rougarou said:

Dang man, 'twas only in the 30/40's, that's barely turning hot gear on.;)

Yep, it’s that delta wind that gets ya though. 

7 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

Yep, it’s that delta wind that gets ya though. 

So true. I have a pair of battery operated gloves that work well for driving, standing outside, etc. But they suck on the bike, definitely not windproof enough for that.

I always fought heated gear, my brother trying to convince me, but me being the hard headed idiot that I am just bundled up in sweaters and long underwear like Randy in A Christmas Story. If I fell over I wouldn't be able to get up.

Then I bought an electric jacket liner.

I'll never go back. In fact, I just sent it in for repair, the right arm quit working. Had it for 15(?) years or more, got my money's worth out of it so far, and more to come.

For what it's worth to anyone considering heated riding gear, go with the jacket, not the vest.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, Rinkydink said:

Man I wish I had a local dealer. I would certainly give him my money just to keep him open. 

Where are you? There's Performance in Memphis. That's where I bought mine and have had them service it (i.e. save my dumb azz). They've been really good to me overall.

32 minutes ago, Pappy35 said:

Where are you? There's Performance in Memphis. That's where I bought mine and have had them service it (i.e. save my dumb azz). They've been really good to me overall.

I bought my RT there. They have treated me well. It’s complicated. I’ll leave it at that. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hosstage said:

So true. I have a pair of battery operated gloves that work well for driving, standing outside, etc. But they suck on the bike, definitely not windproof enough for that.

I always fought heated gear, my brother trying to convince me, but me being the hard headed idiot that I am just bundled up in sweaters and long underwear like Randy in A Christmas Story. If I fell over I wouldn't be able to get up.

Then I bought an electric jacket liner.

I'll never go back. In fact, I just sent it in for repair, the right arm quit working. Had it for 15(?) years or more, got my money's worth out of it so far, and more to come.

For what it's worth to anyone considering heated riding gear, go with the jacket, not the vest.

I got down to 7* with no heated gear.  My goal was always to see how low I could get, I think I can get lower but mother nature doesn't give me a local chance. Now I ride with heated jacket and gloves, and the hot grips.  Tomorrow morning estimate is 29*, 1hr commute time.  All good.

I once did a ride in the mid-20's, just out and about.  Stopped for lunch at a place, the girl asked if I was on a motorcycle in this cold,...... I just grabbed her wrist so she could feel the cold hands.......this was before I had heated gloves.

• Like 1