IGNORED

'04 R1150RT Headlight Assembly Failure

Tim Yip

The headlight assembly on my RT just failed. No high beam, no low beam, just the high beam indicator light showing 'on' on the dash.

Last summer, the same thing happened. The dealer said it was a bad ground tab and replaced the entire headlight assembly under warranty. So this is the second failure and it looks like it will be replaced again (the bike is still under warranty.)

Anybody else out there experience this electrical failure??

Cheers.

Tim

The headlight assembly on my RT just failed. No high beam, no low beam, just the high beam indicator light showing 'on' on the dash.

Last summer, the same thing happened. The dealer said it was a bad ground tab and replaced the entire headlight assembly under warranty. So this is the second failure and it looks like it will be replaced again (the bike is still under warranty.)

Anybody else out there experience this electrical failure??

Cheers.

Tim

Yup, my '04 had that failure after a few months. The dealer said that there had been a few of them. The new unit seems to be OK so far (fingers crossed)

Andy

Thanks, Andy. I was just looking for other people with similar experience so I could commiserate. Hopefully, this will get fixed and that will be the end of this matter.

Cheers.

Tim

The wiring diagram shows that the ground wire is common to the high ,low and fog lights and it is no larger than the supply wire. so if you drive around with the high beam on and fog lights on, therefore all four lights are on and lots of current flowing through that one little wire. can you say smoke.

'02, but I am on my third assembly.

I put in a HID unit with a separate ground, so I am not expecting another failure.

Archived