IGNORED

Help with P/N 0 632 7 678 016

dduelin

This rubber grommet fits around the fuel filler hole opening. I don't think it seals against the bottom of the filler cap for ventilation and over filling reasons but maybe cushions/insulates the sharp edge of the fill hole from the gas nozzle inserted down in the top of the tank itself . On mine the bottom lip of the grommet has broken off and the part lies loose and is just fussy to deal with. It gets out of place or hangs on the gas nozzle tip and falls out on the ground. I am probably overlooking the most basic search but I cannot find the part in the Fuel Tank diagram of the fiche. The bike is an 07 with VIN ZT10166 build date 10/06.

Grommet.jpg

15 minutes ago, dduelin said:

This rubber grommet fits around the fuel filler hole opening. I don't think it seals against the bottom of the filler cap for ventilation and over filling reasons but maybe cushions/insulates the sharp edge of the fill hole from the gas nozzle inserted down in the top of the tank itself . On mine the bottom lip of the grommet has broken off and the part lies loose and is just fussy to deal with. It gets out of place or hangs on the gas nozzle tip and falls out on the ground. I am probably overlooking the most basic search but I cannot find the part in the Fuel Tank diagram of the fiche. The bike is an 07 with VIN ZT10166 build date 10/06.

Grommet.jpg

Afternoon 

Most riders just throw that darn thing out before it breaks off & the bottom part falls into the fuel tank.

Or they are missing as they tend to stick on the filler nozzle then stay with the filling station pump.

The early 1200 GS uses the same (or pretty close anyhow) nozzle limiter ring (most are gone by now)  that was BMW part number 16117678016 SPACER.