IGNORED

### Warranty Costs for 8 Months ###

Motor32

Hey Guys,

After eight months I totaled up how much BMW has covered in parts only (not any labor costs) for warranty claims for my 2020 R1250RT so far. They will also have to replace the front calipers again at a cost of at least $1,500 when that is finalized. 

Steve

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,150 Front Rim

$   310 Audio Buttons

$ 1,931 Audio Control Unit

$ 8,110  Total

Now that you’ve got that out of the way!!! :classic_ohmy: 

That sucks to be quite blunt, seems the Calipers are the main thorn in ownership so far. Heard, I don’t know if it’s true that BMW is working on a brembo solution to the Hayes brake problem.

Why the front rim replacement? :dontknow:

4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Now that you’ve got that out of the way!!! :classic_ohmy: 

That sucks to be quite blunt, seems the Calipers are the main thorn in ownership so far. Heard, I don’t know if it’s true that BMW is working on a brembo solution to the Hayes brake problem.

Why the front rim replacement? :dontknow:

I've also heard that also but so far BMW hasn't said anything to owners yet,  just dealers. They replaced the front rim because the corrosive brake fluid stained the rim.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Do you have your bike back?  Is it still leaking?

I have the bike back and this last set hasn't started leaking YET, so one out of four is good, LOL.

Steve

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What would happen after 3 years if a person owned a bmw and kept having recurring warranty work done for a specific item throughout the warranty period?  Would warranty keep running on those items that never seem to be fully resolved?

Most states have a lemon law, three repairs for the same issue would allow a 100% refund of the vehicle.

State laws differ, especially with regard to motorcycles, but even so, the manufacturer should step up and do right. The state attorney general may have sething to say about proper compensation as well.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Limecreek said:

Could solve $4500 of it with two syllables - Brembo.

Rumor is ..... that is the fix BMW is putting together as we type.:5146:

2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Rumor is ..... that is the fix BMW is putting together as we type.:5146:

No rumor it's done, 2 dealers in the DFW area are scheduling, see the following:

All of the brake parts are coming available as we speak, and we have already starting receiving them in stock. They are being allocated at this point by VIN but it is a very easy process to go through. All we need is the VIN and the color of the calipers and we can submit an order for allocation to your VIN. This can only be done once per VIN, so if it is submitted at another location we would not be able to re-submit the order for our location. If anyone is interested in having us get them on the list, please have them call me, Rich, or Derek and provide us with their VIN and the color of the calipers and we can get them ordered. We do not need pictures and we do not need a work order signed to do this. They can do it all with a simple phone call. As soon as the calipers come in, we will check the VIN allocation and call the customer for an appointment to get them installed. The calipers are still on backorder with more being added every day, but the parts are coming available pretty quickly off of backorder as they get more and more supply. 

Jacob DeGough
BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas
European Cycle Sports
900 Ave. K, Suite 100
Plano, Texas 75074
972-881-0774 phone
972-881-1326 fax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1