IGNORED

How to turn off the passenger seat heat R1200RT

austin1960

austin1960

My wife and I just got a 2005 R1200RT – our first BMW!

How does one turn off the passenger seat heat? There is a two position rocker switch under the seat that switches from low heat to high heat as shown by the display on the instrument panel. The handlebar mounted control apparently controls only the front seat heat. The manual is not very clear and pictures a switch that looks more like the heated grips control and not at all like the switch under the seat.

Thanks!

It's actually a 3 position switch. I believe the middle position of the rocker is off (you can verify on the display). If you crouch down you'll see the markings on the switch itself (dots I believe) and that will indicate the off position too.

The middle position of the switch is OFF. It is very difficult to make your choice on both front and rear seat heaters with puffy glooves.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Be careful with the high setting. GF had it on high and literally burned her buns. She was wearing rain pants, jeans & long johns. Dealer tested it with IR heat gun and said it was in spec but replaced the seat under warranty anyway. It was in the 50s, when I see she has it set on high I change it to low - don't want her out of commission.

Archived