IGNORED

Interesting way to look at World Population

chrisolson

Wow, when you see the raw numbers it’s a good deal harder to grasp just how populated India and China are. My foreign travels (besides SEA) have been limited to Europe so apparently I’m pretty ignorant about our challenges in protecting the environment. Also better understand the strategy of the big companies like Boeing.  

1 hour ago, Selden said:

Alaska seems to be missing. I know it has low population density, but one would think that Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau would be visible.

If you look closely you can see ANC and FAI - I suspect Juneau and other places would show if looking at the full resolution image. 

a one -fourth size version (2730x1152 pixel) is available here: http://www.statsmapsnpix.com/2020/11/. Right-click and save image.

Full size prints are available for purchase, or stretch your brain and follow the instructions to build your own. 

image.png.30d683f1eee5a47740d1177f280bf651.png

Zooming in, I think I can identify Anchorage and Fairbanks in the upper left. I'm not sure what community that might be WSW of Anchorage. I was thinking Kenai, but apparently Soldatna, with a much smaller population, has a much greater density.