Sign in to follow this  
profbodryak

Cyclops LED Bulbs

profbodryak

So I finally pulled the trigger to have that installed. While I asked the dealer to only swap out the low beam, a whole set was ordered and installed instead. They gave me a bit of a discount so no problem there. I drive back to DC and as I am pulling off 395, entering a turn, I turn on my high beams and there it is - the annoying warning light. I stop by H Mart, park the bike and everything is working. Low beam on, high beams off, no warning light. I turn on high beams - all three are on but with a warning light. I was initially told by the dealer when the Cyclops was ordered that a wrong version was delivered and it was pivotal to a 2015 model as it was a split model year. Anyone else experienced this? Did they install the wrong version? They are aware of the issue but I have a month to go until my 18k service when they will be looking into that so just wanted to get your opinion.

As for the quality of the set - it is a beautiful color temperature and better than stock H7's but could be brighter. I did notice that light intensity and light distribution illuminates the road signs very well. High beams are great but can't drive with them all the time. But oh wait, I wasn't planning to have them changed out to begin with...

Carlisja

I installed mine yesterday and put 40 miles on with no issue.   Installation was a bit of a PITA. The change happened in 2013 and another change occurred in 2019.  Call Cyclops.  Explain the situation.  They will probably be able to figure out which system was installed on your bike. And guide you in the next steps.   I can’t tell where you are located but if in the Northern Virginia area, I would be glad to help you swap them out and show you how to do your own services.  That is the only way you will know for sure if something is done right.  Plus it saves money and you get to know your bike better.

• Like 1

szurszewski

Agree with calling Cyclops - or shoot them an email. They're right up the road from me here in WA, in an actual building with actual products, and they are pretty quick to respond to both email and phone questions. If the dealer ordered directly from them, I'm sure they can figure out what parts need to be swapped, or what was possibly done wrong on the install, and get the dealer straightened out so that the dealer can get you straightened out. 

narcosis

I only replaced the low beam.  When I switch to high beams, everything functions but I get the warning.

Pappy35

Cyclop's customer service is top notch!

Skywagon

I looked at their website last night. Is this the unit that cost $196. Would you mind sharing the model number please

Carlisja
20 hours ago, Skywagon said:

I looked at their website last night. Is this the unit that cost $196. Would you mind sharing the model number please

Not sure what you are asking.    Your first post in this thread without any point of reference.    The OP’s bike is a 15 RT.  We don’t know which of the Cyclops kits he got yet.  

if you are looking for yourself, es they are pricey.  Get the right kit for your bike.  

Rainman48
On 11/19/2020 at 5:23 AM, Skywagon said:

David,

If you truly own a 2014 RT like your signature box indicates, and you actually visited the Cyclops web page marked below (for the 3-bulb high and low kit), did you miss the check boxes that ask you what model RT you are asking about?  If you did, you should have seen that the price is $224.90 (US) and not $194.95.

Oh, and the kit ID for your 2015 would be the CIL-RT-15.

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/BMW-R1200RT-LED-headlight-bulb-kit_p_194.html

FYI, I wrote a review lower on that page, and a review of them on my '16 RT on the following web site:

https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/183415-review-cyclops-led-headlights-wetheads.html

profbodryak
On 11/18/2020 at 6:56 AM, Carlisja said:

I installed mine yesterday and put 40 miles on with no issue.   Installation was a bit of a PITA. The change happened in 2013 and another change occurred in 2019.  Call Cyclops.  Explain the situation.  They will probably be able to figure out which system was installed on your bike. And guide you in the next steps.   I can’t tell where you are located but if in the Northern Virginia area, I would be glad to help you swap them out and show you how to do your own services.  That is the only way you will know for sure if something is done right.  Plus it saves money and you get to know your bike better.

Thank you for your offer Carlisja! Going to let them make it right. I stopped by yesterday and they have a resistor in stock and will address this in a couple of weeks during the 18k service. But for servicing it later - will definitely hit you up! :18:

profbodryak

Skywagon, actually not sure what the model number is as I've never seen the box.