IGNORED

She is Home!

Rinkydink

Picked up my ‘21 F900XR at Grassroots BMW last Wednesday. Spent three days riding the Mark Twain National Forest and SW Illinois. Got my miles in for the 600 mile service. Beautiful part of the country and weather was literally perfect. As usual for me the stock seat is horrid. Checking on the RDL sport seat. This bike compliments the RT perfectly. Can’t wait to really rev her and make her sing. 

89B6437D-F6F1-4D88-B930-187B0F4F54A7.jpeg

CEAF81AD-8311-4853-ADA6-53484307D910.jpeg

EF2BE850-D986-4AB7-B516-C1D31AEE05A1.jpeg

• Like 4

Styling to me resembles the RS of the 90's but more angular.  Those RS's were handsome bikes as is yours.  Do give us regular updates on your likes and dislikes, including what seat works.

• 2 weeks later...

Having had time with the new XR there is definitely a learning curve with the new TFT/nav/phone software. Having just mastered(?) the ‘17 RT setup this is a whole other animal. Of course the /6 is somewhat simpler. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Looking seriously at this bike. Any owner's input would be welcome....TIA:lurk:

You sold off that stupid, ugly, unreliable, useless Camhead RT that you were riding, huh?   😏

Bored much?  Maybe you should try one of those sleek, fast, useful Wetheads!  😆

(I got a pretty Red one in my garage I could probably sell ya, hardly even used!  🙄😖)

Looks like a sweet bike (the XR).  I noticed that it's "old man" lighter, too!  Go for it, man!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Looking seriously at this bike. Any owner's input would be welcome....TIA:lurk:

It was a very nice bike…but, after riding RTs for 18 years I just couldn’t get it comfortable for anything over 100 miles or so. Wind buffeting was horrid even after three aftermarket windshields. I still have the panniers and a Akra slip-on I should sell. 😎

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@RinkydinkI have 2020 F900XR and may be interested in a windscreen and the panniers.  Agree, this is mostly an around town bike, great size for lane splitting.  What windscreens to you have?