IGNORED

Uh Oh ... Won't turn over

MichiganBob

Good Evening<

So I will get the old battery tomorrow. In the meantime, something new is happening. I had another battery which I hooked up. I have lights and such but nothing happens when I hit the starter button. I recently had to leave for a family emergency out of state so I activated the security system-alarm for the first time. I am wondering if I am not disarming it correctly and that is somehow related to nothing happening when I hit the starter button. If you had juice but nothing happens when you hit the starter button, what would your checklist be? It's weird because the bike ran great before I parked it last.

Your opinions are always appreciated.

MB

23 minutes ago, MichiganBob said:

Good Evening<

So I will get the old battery tomorrow. In the meantime, something new is happening. I had another battery which I hooked up. I have lights and such but nothing happens when I hit the starter button. I recently had to leave for a family emergency out of state so I activated the security system-alarm for the first time. I am wondering if I am not disarming it correctly and that is somehow related to nothing happening when I hit the starter button. If you had juice but nothing happens when you hit the starter button, what would your checklist be? It's weird because the bike ran great before I parked it last.

Your opinions are always appreciated.

MB

Evening Bob

Top of list-- make sure side stand is UP and/or trans is in neutral.

Any warnings showing on dash? 

Look at your riders manual & make sure you are disarming security system. 

Put a voltmeter on the battery posts to see if the voltage is staying up when you press the starter button.  (if it drops below 10 then possibly your old battery is pretty dead) 

Good Evening DR.

There is a service light on ( wrench symbol). I'm not sure if that is something that will go off if the engine starts like the so called idiot lights on my car. So far, not even the hint of the starter button working. Now I'm wondering about something. Since I do not have the battery back yet, I have a new battery for my John Deere Lawn Tractor that I attached with battery cables to the wire terminals for the bike. It is a brand new battery with 350 cold cranking capacity. It lights everything but no starter button. This is on the center stand in neutral with kickstand up. I'm still wondering if the security system is preventing the starting button from working. Went through the protocols on disarming the system. I a m going up to the dealer tomorrow to get the battery and will see if the service folks have any ideas. It's 60 miles each way. I hope I don't have to figure a way to trailer it up there but I can if necessary. Unless there is something in my warranty that includes them fetching it. Lot's of questions.

26 minutes ago, MichiganBob said:

Good Evening DR.

There is a service light on ( wrench symbol). I'm not sure if that is something that will go off if the engine starts like the so called idiot lights on my car. So far, not even the hint of the starter button working. Now I'm wondering about something. Since I do not have the battery back yet, I have a new battery for my John Deere Lawn Tractor that I attached with battery cables to the wire terminals for the bike. It is a brand new battery with 350 cold cranking capacity. It lights everything but no starter button. This is on the center stand in neutral with kickstand up. I'm still wondering if the security system is preventing the starting button from working. Went through the protocols on disarming the system. I a m going up to the dealer tomorrow to get the battery and will see if the service folks have any ideas. It's 60 miles each way. I hope I don't have to figure a way to trailer it up there but I can if necessary. Unless there is something in my warranty that includes them fetching it. Lot's of questions.

Evening Bob 

You dealer will trailer it back to their shop if it won't start & is still under warranty but probably not without a fight if you don't have the correct battery in it.