IGNORED

2011 g650gs wiring

MontanaMark

Hi,

I am going to mount some aux lights on my 2011 g650gs and bought a fuzeblock to handle the wiring.  The fuzeblock offers both always-on and switched fuses.  To use the switched option, I have to tap a wire that is only powered when the key is on.  I was thinking of using the tail light wire as a tap to signal the fuzeblock that the key is on/off.  Don't want them to remain on when I shut the bike off.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?  I'm sure someone has done this before, so I really don't want to reinvent the wheel...

Thanks,

Mark

6 hours ago, MontanaMark said:

Hi,

I am going to mount some aux lights on my 2011 g650gs and bought a fuzeblock to handle the wiring.  The fuzeblock offers both always-on and switched fuses.  To use the switched option, I have to tap a wire that is only powered when the key is on.  I was thinking of using the tail light wire as a tap to signal the fuzeblock that the key is on/off.  Don't want them to remain on when I shut the bike off.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?  I'm sure someone has done this before, so I really don't want to reinvent the wheel...

Thanks,

Mark

Morning Mark

There are so many versions on those  g650gs that finding your exact wiring diagram is is difficult. I have some but not all the F/G wiring diagrams. 

I usually use the green/violet wire going to the diagnostic plug as a key-on 12v tap but that assumes your specific 650 has that (worth a look as that green/violet key-on 12v circuit is fuse protected) 

Dirtrider,

Thanks for the info.  I will look for that wire when I get the panels off and get in there.  If I remember, I'll take pictures of the process and post as a how-to.

Regards,

Mark