IGNORED

Seen a funny thing on a HD hauler.

KDeline

Coming home from the Georgia Mountain Rally on Sunday, already done 600+ miles with 150 to go, 400 in on and off rain, 55 degress, butt sore. I pass a big American pick up truck pulling a inclosed trailor, HD stickers and paint, with the slogon, When the trailor door drops, the bullsh-- stops. Isn't that a oxymoron? Just thought it was kind of funny, waved as I passed.

Joe Frickin' Friday
...with the slogon, When the trailor door drops, the bullsh-- stops. Isn't that a oxymoron? Just thought it was kind of funny, waved as I passed.

Maybe a little intentional self-deprecating humor? crazy.gif

I don't know if it's an oxymoron, so much as (more) posturing and wishful thinking.

Truth in advertising would have it say, "When the trailer door hits the ground, it's BS all around..."

G

Joe Frickin' Friday

Did it look like this?

681504-gate.jpg

A websearch shows its use in a few different contexts. Some to do with racing, i.e. you unload your race car from the trailer and it's time for action; I see more than a few references to hunting with dogs. confused.gif

I expect it started from racing, where it was "when the green flag drops, the BS stops." Without knowing what's inside his enclosed trailer, it's entirely possible he was carrying a drag bike. cool.gif

681504-gate.jpg.d94e7664f8fdcd8a7f1c7fd5a1cecec4.jpg

SageRider
Did it look like this?

681504-gate.jpg

A websearch shows its use in a few different contexts. Some to do with racing, i.e. you unload your race car from the trailer and it's time for action; I see more than a few references to hunting with dogs. confused.gif

I expect it started from racing, where it was "when the green flag drops, the BS stops." Without knowing what's inside his enclosed trailer, it's entirely possible he was carrying a drag bike. cool.gif

It's entirely possible that the only thing in his trailer was a cow! blush.gif

AdventurePoser
I get it. You're saying Harley riders ride in drag. wink.gif

Oh great...now the dreaded "Harley riders in drag don't wave" thread.

Steve in So Cal

I get it. You're saying Harley riders ride in drag. wink.gif

Oh great...now the dreaded "Harley riders in drag don't wave" thread.

Steve in So Cal

Well, when they do, they're not waving, they're drying their nails grin.gif

pete

WHY? Just plain why? I used to think this forum was better than that. Are you really better than a Harley rider? Why? Mean people suck.

Blue Beemer Dude

I went out for a nice little ride Sunday in between thunderstorms... on one part of the journey, on the highway, I was passed by a nice Ford pick-em-up truck. He had a H-D sticker on the rear window. Another one on the tailgate. And an H-D badge on the trailer hitch. And he was probably wearing an H-D hat too.

It just struck me again how so much of riding can be about the brand and the image... here I am, actually riding my motorcycle, but he's "cool" because he (we presume) owns (sitting in the garage) a Harley-Davidson (surely all nice and shiny too). smirk.gif

Some people, of course, say the same thing about us pretentious yuppies and our Beemers I'm sure.

Reminds me of way back in the mid eighties, when I actually was a true card-carrying yuppie. I was making large change back then, dressed in nice suits, drove a brand new 535i and no one, and I mean no one, ever complimented me on that car. At the same time, I had a (relatively new) Ford F-150, a base model, vinvyl bench seat, skinny tires, 2 wheel drive, inline 6, little milk saucer hub caps. I got more compliments on that (hey bud, nice truck!) than anything else I've owned before or since. Wow.

So, trucks and H-D motorcycles, at least here in the South, that's the way to go.

I don't hate them for it, I'm not jealous either (all it takes is money) and I don't care if they wave at me or not. I do, however, wish that those guys, them and the kids in the souped-up Honda Accord, would stop with the loud pipes. Noise is noise is noise. If you dress poorly, I can look away. If you smell bad, I can breathe through my mouth, if you are covered in sores I won't touch you but if you are loud there is no way to block the sound.

Another wandering, nearly pointless thread. You can thank me later. grin.gif

Michael

steveknapp

Some people, of course, say the same thing about us pretentious yuppies and our Beemers I'm sure.

Do I dare mention the "LD" folks who have all the gear, the bike, the look, the accessories... but never ride the thing.

wave.gif

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. It has become a popular belief that Harley Davidson makes more money on licensing merchandise than from the actual sales of motorcycles. I have nothing against HD, and again as I have said before “owning a Harley doesn’t make you a jerk, but a lot of jerks own Harleys” and other kinds of bikes for that matter.

Archived