IGNORED

Trying to move a part that looks important

Zhann

There's this part hidden in the left knee fairing of my r1200cl. I am trying to remove the fairing, so I would like to move said piece. It seems to me that this piece is what sends the "spark" to the plug, but I'm not 100% on that.

So, some questions:

- What exactly is this?

- How difficult is it to move?

- Is it scared of water?

- Where can I put it?

... I would imagine that the r1200c has a part just like this and it must be in a different spot. 

Again, I apologize for sounding like an idiot, but please be assured that I am an idiot with purpose and have been known to not be an idiot at times.

20201022_150027.thumb.jpg.111875b783e9e4540a5c923d1e891cfc.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zhann said:

There's this part hidden in the left knee fairing of my r1200cl. I am trying to remove the fairing, so I would like to move said piece. It seems to me that this piece is what sends the "spark" to the plug, but I'm not 100% on that.

So, some questions:

- What exactly is this?

- How difficult is it to move?

- Is it scared of water?

- Where can I put it?

... I would imagine that the r1200c has a part just like this and it must be in a different spot. 

Again, I apologize for sounding like an idiot, but please be assured that I am an idiot with purpose and have been known to not be an idiot at times.

Afternoon  Zhann

That is the ignition coil, it can be moved (within reason) as long as the small wire harness & the 2 spark plug wires can still reach it without stress on them.

A little moisture wont hurt it as it is fairly well sealed but you don't want it submerged, or mounted  in an area that takes a direct hit of forceful water. 

Excellent, thank you once again. I figured it wouldn't be scared of some water, but given it was enclosed its entire life I wanted to be 100% sure.