IGNORED

Tahoe in October

RPondaRoad

Did a quick jaunt up to Lake Tahoe with my wife today.  This is a "heads-up" for you who live near or who are planning a fall tour from afar in our area.  The fall colors along the lakeshore combined with the always present beauty of Lake Tahoe makes for a great ride.  From our home in the Sierra foothills, we buzzed up pine lined I-80 into Truckee and took Hwy 89 to Tahoe City.  We followed the lakeshore road that skirts the western side of the lake which goes by scenic Emerald Bay.  We then rode out to Hwy 50 and headed over Echo Summit and twisted our way back to the roads that would take us back home.  The most beautiful five hours that I can imagine on a motorcycle.  If you want to enjoy the fall beauty of the lake...do so soon.  The colors don't last long.  

Aspens at Tahoe-P1330802 copy.jpg

Aspen grove south of Emerald Bay.

Monica with RT-P1330797.jpg

My wife and pillion enjoying a stop along our route.  It was lunch time and she whipped up some avocado and prosciutto sandwiches that were amazing!

Tree Trunks-P1330809 copy.jpg

Just some Aspen trunks that caught my eye because of the geometry here.  

• Like 3

It’s raining leaves in this part of the country now, got to get out soon for one last peek at the peak! :grin: Thanks for the reminder! 

• Like 1