IGNORED

Converting a 2004 r1200clc into ... something else

Zhann

Hello Everyone.

New to this forum, so let me introduce my project a bit. I have had my 2004 r1200clc for about 4 years now. Love it. A bit slow, a bit weak, but a great reliable machine. Recently I purchased a new bike and the wife insisted I sell the BMW. After 2 months of virtually no interest, I convinced the boss to allow me to make this my winter project ... so here we are.

I intend to eventually turn this monstrosity into a very fat bobber, but we are a bit away from that. Right now I am in the stripping stage, removing everything that I don't need. The easy stuff is done ... baggage and entertainment system, but now we are getting into tricky territory. 

Before I get too much further, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the Fuse Diagram for this bike. There are 2 fuse 'boxes' located by left knee, but I don't know what any of these fuses do. For starters, I would like to pull the Entertainment System fuse, but next is my Cruise Control so I would like to pull this fuse too. Any thoughts? I found the service manual, but it doesn't have a good fuse diagram, and the electrical charts in the back are a bit over my head.

Thanks in advance

Zhann

1 hour ago, Zhann said:

Hello Everyone.

New to this forum, so let me introduce my project a bit. I have had my 2004 r1200clc for about 4 years now. Love it. A bit slow, a bit weak, but a great reliable machine. Recently I purchased a new bike and the wife insisted I sell the BMW. After 2 months of virtually no interest, I convinced the boss to allow me to make this my winter project ... so here we are.

I intend to eventually turn this monstrosity into a very fat bobber, but we are a bit away from that. Right now I am in the stripping stage, removing everything that I don't need. The easy stuff is done ... baggage and entertainment system, but now we are getting into tricky territory. 

Before I get too much further, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the Fuse Diagram for this bike. There are 2 fuse 'boxes' located by left knee, but I don't know what any of these fuses do. For starters, I would like to pull the Entertainment System fuse, but next is my Cruise Control so I would like to pull this fuse too. Any thoughts? I found the service manual, but it doesn't have a good fuse diagram, and the electrical charts in the back are a bit over my head.

Thanks in advance

Zhann

Afternoon Zhann

I might have a detailed fuse block layout but those are pretty darn specific per exact model so I sort of need the model designation number of your 1200CL.

It should look something like one of these______ 0434,   0319,   0433,   0391,   0496

Interesting, I didn't realize there were variations. I found a number 0204 ... but not sure if that is right. Just in case, I attached a pic of where I found it. If that isn't it, do you have any ideas where I can check?

0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zhann said:

Interesting, I didn't realize there were variations. I found a number 0204 ... but not sure if that is right. Just in case, I attached a pic of where I found it. If that isn't it, do you have any ideas where I can check?

Afternoon Zhann

That doesn't show up in my documentation. You are looking for a TYPE number & as far as I know the 1200C models start with 04xx or 03xx. 

On most 1100/1150/1200 BMW's I can usually guess the type number pretty easily but I am just not that familiar with the 1200C models. 

More__

Go here, find your EXACT model & year, click on it & a box should show up on the right showing your TYPE number.  (make sure you click on either Europe or US).  If a "product" box shows up on the right then put your month in. 

You are looking for an (03XX) or a (04XX) 4 digit number. 

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select?product=M&archive=0&series=59C1

OK, I ran your serial number & it shows that you have either a 0442 or 0496 so I will see what I have for wire diagrams based on that.  

OK, the GOOD news, I do have a detailed wire diagram, the bad news is it absolutely useless as a stand alone wire diagram as it is multi-multi page with multi circuit  numbers & wire colors, plus it uses multi page references that need to be individually traced page by page  from their source to all the circuits on that same tree, traced all the way to destination  devices.  

It does show both fuse boxes & shows all the fuses (no fuse labels though) so each fuse designation will have to be gleaned from whatever circuit they protect & control) . 

It is a very detailed wire diagram just not easy to use & almost impossible to copy as it uses reference numbers to many other pages. 

Thanks for that, much easier. I can take a closer look at the bike tonight when its my time to 'play', but until then the link is perfect. 

My best guess is 0391. However, I can be wrong. Again, I will check tonight.

9 minutes ago, Zhann said:

Thanks for that, much easier. I can take a closer look at the bike tonight when its my time to 'play', but until then the link is perfect. 

My best guess is 0391. However, I can be wrong. Again, I will check tonight.

Afternoon Zhann

I put the last 7 digits of your serial number in & it showed that you have either  a 0442 or 0496, (both use about the same wire diagram). 

See post just above this____

Check your "messages" on this site as I sent you a wire diagram page showing the difficulty in using it for broad device removal. 

• 1 year later...

Zahnn,

your post is two years old, hope you are still posting-I’m new to BST.  Do you have any CL parts for sale?  Need tail light lens and right hand mirror glass.

Thanks, Steve