IGNORED

Left over bolts after reinstalling the fairing panels...

Mane

Hi folks,

I just got a 2012 R1200RT with 45,000 km (28K miles), and as my regular bonding procedure with every used bike a get, is to an all around check and do as a complete service as possible.

This time I remove the fairing and replace all the turn signals (because one was burnt) and put fresh oil in the tranny. Next will be a engine oil (once the filters and oil filter wrench arrive) and the final drive oil and splines.

Now, after reinstall all the plastic paneles and bolting a huge amount T25 bolts (damn it, that a lot of bolts... :classic_wacko:) and find my self with a left over of two T25 large ones...

I remember being two short ones for the glove box and four long ones for the plastic piece that goes along the fuel tank. Does anyone had an idea of where those remaining long ones should go?

BTW, I also run short the regular one, so I might have place a couple of short one where these where suppose to go... :dopeslap:

Regards,

Mane

That's a very nice Wethead guide, but Mane's Camhead has very different body panels.  Does the source of that guide have a camhead version? And maybe a Hexhead version?

Mane, I think there are four long bolts in the lower fairing, one above and one below the exhaust header. On the Hexhead these are T27 bolts, but I think the Camheads use T25.

Yes, but I'm having second thoughts, the Camhead may be more different than I thought. The diagram at Realoem.com seems to show all the screws as being the same length (M5x25mm).  On the Hexhead the two closest to the header are M6x25mm, about 8-10mm longer than the rest.

image.png.00b56249a3ae924f087ffd0b3eb67582.png

13 hours ago, Mane said:

Hi folks,

I just got a 2012 R1200RT with 45,000 km (28K miles), and as my regular bonding procedure with every used bike a get, is to an all around check and do as a complete service as possible.

This time I remove the fairing and replace all the turn signals (because one was burnt) and put fresh oil in the tranny. Next will be a engine oil (once the filters and oil filter wrench arrive) and the final drive oil and splines.

Now, after reinstall all the plastic paneles and bolting a huge amount T25 bolts (damn it, that a lot of bolts... :classic_wacko:) and find my self with a left over of two T25 large ones...

I remember being two short ones for the glove box and four long ones for the plastic piece that goes along the fuel tank. Does anyone had an idea of where those remaining long ones should go?

BTW, I also run short the regular one, so I might have place a couple of short one where these where suppose to go... :dopeslap:

Regards,

Mane

I have a 2012. This video shows a 2011. I watched the entire video before posting. It is spot on. If you have extra screws you will find out where they go after watching the video. Short video, no popcorn needed. 😅