IGNORED

anothercheapthrottlecontrol

Leon

I had posted this a couple of years ago, but I'll post it again in response to another throttle-lock idea posted a few days ago.

I also have a cheapie but perfectly good throttle lock I made up to save enough money to make the purchase of the Elf highway pegs (great product, albeit very expensive!!!) less painful.

I’ve attached pictures of the parts required for the throttle lock in both the finished and initial stage. I plan to use a small machine lathe to improve upon the appearance of the finished product, but all I used for the “beta” version was a bench grinder and a propane soldering kit. (It is necessary to solder a washer to the end of the brass nipple; it is also necessary to use two washers as spacers, where indicated. The longer flat-head screw was actually not needed for the system to work, but is probably a good idea and is available at any good hardware store. Anyone desiring additional instructions on how to build it may feel free to email me. The entire project cost under $5.00 and took about 1.5 hours.

681051-combinedthrot.jpg.447a99eb6da3619e5e844612ff07da63.jpg

I too struggled with trying to come up with my own design for highway pegs that worked/looked as well/good as the Elfs, or even half as well, and gave up. The throttle lock, on the other hand, works just as well as the $100.00 version (I can easily flick it on or off with my "pinkie"), although I have to concede a bit in terms of its appearance. I'd use black plastic the next time around, but this one has worked flawlessly for 2 years.

Leon

Archived