IGNORED

What’s your ticker beat

Rougarou

Before I retired my company required me to do an annual checkup that included stress test, cardio evaluation, blood work, and every 3 years the colonoscopy.  They required this of all people at a certain management level.  It wasn't because they thought something was wrong, they genuinely wanted you to be healthy.  Their healthcare was pretty good and if you were director or above they paid all deductibles.

That said the only time I ever had my at rest heart beat measured was at the Doc's office.  The last 3 were 58, 54, 56.  BP 107/64.....almost the same every year.  Blood work good with good cholesterol.  It's actually time for me to do the annual, but think I'll hold until I feel a littler safer.  No meds required except Makers Mark.  Never smoked.

A heart rate of 33-34 is world class athlete.  At his peak Lance Armstrong was in the low 30s.  You must be working out a lot or you are near death!! :5146:

When I was at my peak of bike racing and cross country ski racing my resting was in the low 40s.  If I stood up too fast I could feel faint.  My high was 195.  Even today my resting is between 48 and 54. My high is 155. I  I can't imagine what it feels like to stand with a heart rate in the low 30s.  You might check your heart rate monitor for accuracy.  

Rougs your busted...low seem to be between 4 and 6.....Hmmm nap time or sugar crash....The one that is at 105 must be when your DI caught you napping.... :3:

1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

Rougs your busted...low seem to be between 4 and 6.....Hmmm nap time or sugar crash....The one that is at 105 must be when your DI caught you napping.... :3:

Nah, no sugar crash, that's been on limited intake.

I have been upping the cardio and HIIT recently. 

Typically, I'd do weights and light cardio, but I've flipped.

I just think it's odd at all those times that the sitting rate varies so much.

1 hour ago, Patallaire said:

When I was at my peak of bike racing and cross country ski racing my resting was in the low 40s.  If I stood up too fast I could feel faint.  My high was 195.  Even today my resting is between 48 and 54. My high is 155. I  I can't imagine what it feels like to stand with a heart rate in the low 30s.  You might check your heart rate monitor for accuracy.  

I'll swing the ticker up to the low 170s, I'm only 52.  When I was stationed in Okinawa, I biked 25-50 a day and did 30-century on the weekends.  Never had a monitor, so don't know what I got the rate up to, but those damn hills sucked and I'd venture it was pretty freakin' high.

I verified the monitor with fingers to the neck, cause I thought it might be off.

I was, one time, almost denied being able to donate blood when they calibrated me at 40bpm a couple years ago.

Roug... I know this belongs in different place. Saw your post on hurricane and family. Just heard on the news they announced mandatory evacuation in Calcasieu Parish for upcoming storm

27 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Roug... I know this belongs in different place. Saw your post on hurricane and family. Just heard on the news they announced mandatory evacuation in Calcasieu Parish for upcoming storm

Ya, they're getting hit again.  And from what one of them said, if they made a claim on the first storm and get more damage, they can't make another claim,.......anyway, the pictures and video that I posted of the sister in laws house,.......she's gonna get a new one, the insurance said it was a total loss.  But the other family members had minor to major damage from Laura,......gotta see how this pans out.