IGNORED

Battery replacement on 09 RT

MoteroNC

It looks like it is time to replace my original battery on my 09 1200 RT. I have seen some recommend the PC680 but was looking for any experience on weather it is best to stick with the original battery.

The PC680 is a superior battery, no ifs no buts.

In this case you get what you pay for. I had it in my Hexhead and it proved to be an excellent battery. Unfortunate it does not fit my 2014 RT1200-LC.

At the time I went as far as importing the PC680 all the way from the USA to Australia and it proved to be the right decision.

This battery has higher capacity, higher cranking power and is made to a higher standard then your average battery, no matter what kind the others are. The only other battery that would equal or surpass it, would be a lithium battery. But I don't believe them to be quite "Prime Time" ready yet.

I won't do a PC680 again.  Once the current one dies out, I'm going back with a Deka.  The only reason is because it is finicky on the type of tender you can use.  Don't use the recommended tender, ruin the battery.  Luckily, I had it replaced under warranty but had to get a different tender than the four that I currently had.  The battery, if not tendered correctly, wouldn't hold enough charge after three days to crank it. 

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

I won't do a PC680 again.  Once the current one dies out, I'm going back with a Deka.  The only reason is because it is finicky on the type of tender you can use.  Don't use the recommended tender, ruin the battery.  Luckily, I had it replaced under warranty but had to get a different tender than the four that I currently had.  The battery, if not tendered correctly, wouldn't hold enough charge after three days to crank it. 

Users have different experience. Yes, I studied all those threads regarding the different charging voltage requirements. Including the manufacturers. My personal experience was different. I simply hooked up the battery every 12 months to a common charger for wetcells set at 2A overnight.

That's all.