IGNORED

Battery deals

taylor1

Just save up and buy the Odessey PC 680. May be the last one you need to buy. Clearly proven superior to any other battery for power and long life. 

• Like 1

I have  an Odyssey PC 680 in my 60/6 for 9 years now . Never on a tender ,  I up graded my diode board and V.R  so it keeps it topped off quite well.

Used it yesterday ,and  it cranked the bike like new. They are excellent batteries. Having said that , I have a signal minder on the RT which has a parasitic drain.
I don't have or want to buy at this time the correct trickle charger for the Odyssey. Gonna stick with either an AGM or gel . My current charger should keep them topped off. Guess I should have mentioned in my post. One of these days I'll do the mod. to the Minder  Thanks for the replies  

58 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I have  an Odyssey PC 680 in my 60/6 for 9 years now . Never on a tender ,  I up graded my diode board and V.R  so it keeps it topped off quite well.

Used it yesterday ,and  it cranked the bike like new. They are excellent batteries. Having said that , I have a signal minder on the RT which has a parasitic drain.
I don't have or want to buy at this time the correct trickle charger for the Odyssey. Gonna stick with either an AGM or gel . My current charger should keep them topped off. Guess I should have mentioned in my post. One of these days I'll do the mod. to the Minder  Thanks for the replies  

Morning  taylor1

AGM is a pretty solid battery design, you really don't want a GEL if you can at all avoid it. GEL batteries have 2 things going for them, (1) is- they can be mounted & used upside down, (2) they are leakproof enough (even upside down) to  allow manufactures to ship a motorcycle with the battery pre-installed.   

The downside to most motorcycle GEL batteries is they usually die a sudden death (start just fine then very next start totally dead). Also, they do not handle overcharging very good as once the GEL bubbles away from a plate in a spot then that spot on the plate never recovers.