IGNORED

The Scenic App - THE Cure for Directionally Dysfunctional Motorcyclists

moshe_levy

Are you a directionally dysfunctional motorcyclist? Do you hate unintuitive GPS programs? Ever wish you could just push a button and get a pretty, curvy bike-friendly route or loop with nearly zero effort? I've been testing an app that does just that!

-MKL

Nice job, Moshe.  I've had Scenic for a while now, though, to this point, I've only used it as a backup, in case my GPS failed.  It's very easy to export routes from Basecamp (as GPX files), and drag-and-drop them on your PC/Mac to the Scenic web application.  They then magically appear in the Scenic iOS app on your iPhone (I assume this happens when your at home, and the Mac/iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network).

• Like 1

Thanks. Ironically I've not really had much experience using it as a straight GPS. I'm using it 99.9% as a planner / router - to find me tasty roads in a loop that starts and ends at my house or at work. 

Any comparisons to the CaliMoto app? A european friend was using that during a trip I shared a bit of last summer (here in the western US) and it seemed to do a decent job of the two functions showcased in your video (take me here via good roads, and plan a loop for me from here for X amount of time). I think you could have one state map free, and then either buy other states or get a premium subscription or purchase that would get you access to all states as well as some features like stats on your top speed, lean angle, etc. 

I also see the Rever app next to it on your phone @moshe_levy- I've not tried that, but have been considering it...

I have not yet tried Calimoto, but I will. One of the best parts of testing stuff is when readers / viewers suggest even more stuff to explore. I'll check it out. I have Rever too, yes, but that doesn't do the trick I'm raving about here with the loop.

• Thanks 1

Try Kurviger.de, it is a online route planning software, that has it’s own Android app. But also exports directly to Scenic for iPhone users.

I have only played with the planning software a little. But it does let you import GPX files and lets you choose from different Map data sources.

The BMW Connect App only works with the newer BMW models using the TFT display units. But it will let you import GPX files from any mapping software.

• Like 1