IGNORED

2008 R1200RT

Still CAL

14 minutes ago, Still CAL said:

Evening Still CAL

Sounds good in the ad, might be a different story when you actually look at it. 

That 4,700 miles puts up a minor red flag, if the 4,700 was put on a little every year then probably no problem, but if that 4,700 was put on the first 2 years then it has been stored the next  10 years then THAT could be an issue.  

Look out for this "too good to be true" RT at $2000.

$2000 1200 RT

At least it wasn't the exiled Nigerian Prince story....my buying instructions:

"Hello again,

Right now I'm in a military base in Omaha, NE, we are training, getting ready for deployment. My bike is sealed and stored with all the paperwork in the Marketplace warehouse here in Omaha, ready for shipping. Also, I want to tell you that my incoming and outgoing calls are restricted, so I can't call you. I am only allowed to check my email several times a day. Hope that you understand.

Due to the fact that this is a large transaction I would like it to be handled by Marketplace Facebook. They will send you the invoice with all payment details. I will manage the shipping and all delivery fees so the total price is $2,000, no more, no less. After you complete the payment to them, in 2-3 working days you'll get my bike and you'll have 5 days testing period, time in which you can inspect and drive my bike. After those 5 days, when you decide to keep it Marketplace Facebook will release the payment to me. I need to know if you are still interested, so I can ask Marketplace to send you the details on this deal.

If you are interested, please include in the next email your contact information for the Marketplace invoice (full name, shipping address and phone number),so I can notify Marketplace that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Thanks, hope to do business with you soon "

• Haha 1

So the '08 is local for me which is a big factor. The owner got it in 2017 with 1700 miles on it form an older gentleman who was afraid to ride it because he was smallish and brittle-ish. This guy put the rest of the miles on since with mostly local riding. Been serviced and actually purchased from Sandia BMW in ABQ, who had it on consignment.

New tires since the old ones were original, fluids just changed EXCEPT the brake fluid. Wilbers for shocks, lowered pegs and seat but raised handlebars. Uses mostly non-ethanol premium. Has a non-heated Seat Concepts saddle, although the pillion is original and heated.

He did a walkaround with me on Facetime, started right up after sitting for a month. He's got shoulder surgery coming up and just can't ride the heavier stuff anymore. His "accountant" says very little wiggle on the price.

Thanks for the opinions and thoughts.

Good Sir Tewks, prithee how much to rideth yon Maine Beemer crosst this faire countree to far off Ye Olde Newe Mexico?? Def the better deal. -eth.

16 minutes ago, Still CAL said:

Good Sir Tewks, prithee how much to rideth yon Maine Beemer crosst this faire countree to far off Ye Olde Newe Mexico?? Def the better deal. -eth.

Oh heck, I’d do it for nothing except for this darn thing called a job. :grin:  If you got a good vibe from the owner, maybe you could have it Shipped?

edit...I will say that if it’s still available and you’re interested I’d try to lock it up because usually “one more day to think on it” costs you. :88:BTDT

Sounds like you need to go put eyes on that 08 hexhead!

Nothing wrong with the price if it is up to date on service and tires. Remember that the top box alone is almost a grand.......:5210:

Just realized, I posted this in Oilheads. A thousand apologies to the moderators! Somebody oughtta move it...

Made an offer of $6750 for the '08 RT, he's mulling it over.

As Rosalind said in "As You Like It":

"Sell when you can.  You are NOT for all markets."

I've always said that to sellers in my transactions.  The smart ones, learned or not, get it.

6 minutes ago, Sam Taylor said:

As Rosalind said in "As You Like It":

"Sell when you can.  You are NOT for all markets."

I've always said that to sellers in my transactions.  The smart ones, learned or not, get it.

Well this one must have channeled you, because he went for it. I'm happy. 

• Like 1

Nice looking scoot. Congrats. Get a side stand enlarger and you are all set. In lieu of the enlarger a crushed soda can will work if on soft ground. Have fun and enjoy

2 hours ago, West_Coaster said:

It's been 12 hours!!! 

Come on man, where are all the pics and the ride report!!!!

Don't cha know we don't have much else to do?

I’m hip. Bike is 160 miles away so in the process of putting together a retrieval plan. It may be a bit as the CIC has some med procedures next week, and I’m nursing a back injury, but wanted to jump on this thing before it disappeared.  

Outgoing skipper in the getting underway mode:

FE0FE648-C15D-4E0C-A127-E3775D1D1BF1.jpeg
First one I’ve seen in this color, it’ll go well with the dirt/rock clime I live in.  

• Like 1