IGNORED

Handguard Recommendation

Achilles8857

A little new to these forums and somewhat new to riding.

Have ridden my 2004 R1150R enough to know that rain and especially cold can be a bit of a challenge on the hands, even with good riding gloves.

Any suggestions for handguards for this bike are appreciated.

1 hour ago, Achilles8857 said:

A little new to these forums and somewhat new to riding.

Have ridden my 2004 R1150R enough to know that rain and especially cold can be a bit of a challenge on the hands, even with good riding gloves.

Morning  Achilles8857

Some install the BMW1150GS-A optional hand guards, they do fit with some ingenuity (just make sure whatever hand guard that you install doesn't hit the windshield at full lock & make DARN SURE that the handguard doesn't prevent the front brake lever from FULL returning. 

"Barkbusters" will also fit the 1150GS with some fitment work (they might even have a direct bolt-on by now),  some of those can be found that have lower air deflector additions. (these will probably fit the 1150 R with some work . 

Armored gloves can help as well, if you get ones with a large knuckle guard across the whole width of the glove. Folks might think your a hooligan when they see you wearing them though:cool:

On 9/14/2020 at 7:36 AM, Achilles8857 said:

If you want something even more protective....We use barkbuster blizzard (extreme weather version) on our F800's.  We have the standard plastic busters and then add the blizzards for northern early summer trips (artic adventures) and late fall Canadian weather. They install/remove over top of your bark busters with a single bolt to deal with.

I believe they come with a fit kit that should work on any barkbuster installation.

image.png.e9a4def445c044e66fecfa94a92941b5.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:44 PM, Mrclubike said:

Here are pictures of my Oilhead  GS guards fitted to my 04 R1150R

I think I paid about $40.00 US off of eBay for the whole kit

Yes yes, that's the ticket!