IGNORED

Paint or gel coat

Armed

Newbie here, I think this may be the right place. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About a week ago I purchased a 2020 F 750 GS. My question is... all the cosmetics are plastic. Are they painted or gel coated, or maybe even the color is the total color of the plastic?

I say gel coated because back in the day I had a Hannigan fairing on my 1st R75/6. It was gel coated.

Anybody? Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Armed said:

Newbie here, I think this may be the right place. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About a week ago I purchased a 2020 F 750 GS. My question is... all the cosmetics are plastic. Are they painted or gel coated, or maybe even the color is the total color of the plastic?

I say gel coated because back in the day I had a Hannigan fairing on my 1st R75/6. It was gel coated.

Anybody? Thanks in advance.

Morning  Armed

My older 800GS has painted plastics, on your 2020 F 750 GS I don't know. Why not call your selling dealer & ask them as they have probably had to send some panels out for repair due to dropped motorcycles & shop damage. 

22 minutes ago, Armed said:

Thanks DR, That was my next step. However, they're not open until Tuesday, as you know. I figured I could find out sooner.

Morning  Armed

Not all BMW motorcycle dealers are closed on Monday, maybe try calling one that is open Monday if you are in a hurry. 

Try 1-734-453-0500 (9am est),  then ask for Mike in parts (he is very knowledgeable). 

I would highly doubt that they are gel coated. Those plastic parts are pliable and all the gel coats I have worked with are extremely rigid and would crack
if flexed.