IGNORED

Can You Recommend a Nice Fitting Indoor Bike Cover for RT?

Claudio

When on tour I use a half cover to keep the dew/sun off the bike but at home my bike is indoors so I don't need a heavy duty cover.

For years, I've used an Aerostich ultralight cover for indoor winter storage which isn't quite large enough (but very close). Its now a bit worn/fragile so I was looking for a replacement.

Anyone use a "fits like a perfect glove" cover on your RT with luggage and a full size top case you could recommend? 

Oddly enough, BMW makes a lightweight cover that is about $50 for the Wethead/Shifthead. Not quite a full cover, but does cover about half the side cases. Works with a taller windshield, and I have the BMW factory top case. This is what I travel with all the time. Would work well indoors too. 

Shelterwoods

I recommend the Aerostich Ultralight Bike Cover. They cover completely, pack in their own attached bag, are very light, and packs small.

Del

I have a full cover from BMW, that covered all of my 2007 RT, including the 49 liter top case. It is made of some nice and soft fabric in the classic black color. No pin stripes. It is not weatherproof, but just a dust cover.

I haven't used it in years, as I only like to use it if the bike is clean. I use the bike too much. 

It is normally covered with some sheets and a old quilt, while in the garage.

21 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Why an old sheet?  Wouldn't a BMW rate a new sheet?  :dontknow:

I do wash the bike and the sheet every once in a while.

Please don't report me.:4316:

• Haha 1
On 8/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, Bernie said:

I have a full cover from BMW, that covered all of my 2007 RT, including the 49 liter top case. It is made of some nice and soft fabric in the classic black color. No pin stripes. It is not weatherproof, but just a dust cover.

I haven't used it in years, as I only like to use it if the bike is clean. I use the bike too much. 

It is normally covered with some sheets and a old quilt, while in the garage.

I hadn't considered a BMW branded cover (surprisingly it isn't as expensive as one would think and is likely a very good fit).  Thx Bernie.

PS - Yes I cover my bike because it spends the winter in my shop where I tend to generate a lot of dust.

8 hours ago, Claudio said:

PS - Yes I cover my bike because it spends the winter in my shop where I tend to generate a lot of dust.

I just use this when I got the saws a'workin'

DEWALT 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower Kit ...

On 8/18/2020 at 12:01 PM, wbw6cos said:

Why an old sheet?  Wouldn't a BMW rate a new sheet?  :dontknow:

If I used a new sheet to cover the bike, I'd be sleeping in the garage.

On the rare occasions (winter months) I cover the bike in the garage, I just use use the same Nelson-Rigg UV2000 half cover I use when travelling. As long as the important bits are covered, I don't worry about the fit, just like I don't worry about the fit of my bath robe.  Nobody is going to be judging the sleek underlying lines in either case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 months later...