IGNORED

R1200RT top case

profbodryak

Anyone has one for sale? (wasn't there a for sale section on an old forum?) I found one for a more than a very reasonable price but it's burgundy which I don't like.

Also, has anyone stripped paint off of one of those lids before? What color is it underneath? My RT is calisto gray metallic so want to have it match. Thank you!

3 hours ago, profbodryak said:

Anyone has one for sale? (wasn't there a for sale section on an old forum?) 

There is a forum for selling/buying/giving  https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/forum/118-classified/     Then click on the sub-forum https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/forum/121-parts-and-accessories/    You may get more replies is you post WTB, possibly posting your question about stripping paint off the lids in the Wethead forum.   Guessing your are wanting to know about the 49 liter topcase?  I believe they come with the lid in that silver aluminum finish.  I had mine painted to match through the dealer when I bought the RT; I think it was done at the factory.  Some folks take the piece that they need painted to an auto body shop.  I would highly recommend you leave them with one of your painted side cases so they can match it.  I had the nose trim on my RT painted to match the Mars Red Metallic paint through the dealer; they had  a good painter off-site that they farmed their work out to.  It turned out that the Mars Red paint was not all that easy to match.  They returned the pieces to install on the bike and the color was off.  I wish they would have let the painter take one of the side cases with him because it took another week or so to get it right.   Just an idea.

You guys are awesome, thank you so much! I like the silver one on MOA, just reached out to the owner!

Not sure why I couldn't find the FS forum on here - thank you both!

• Like 1

So I pulled the trigger yesterday, returned the bmw bag I purchased a week earlier and bought a 49 liter one from my dealer for $525. Unfortunately it is burgundy so I am in the process of stripping the paint (it was previously painted to match someone's bike). But finally I can do some real grocery shopping!