IGNORED

94 R1100RS Fuel Low Indicator

350sierra

So my understanding is these bikes had either a fuel gage and indicator, or just the fuel low indicator... my bike is having an issue where the fuel low indicator light stays on.  Has anyone on here resolved this before?  Looking up the float switch part on the fishe and its $400... has anyone done a cheaper alternative?

11 minutes ago, 350sierra said:

So my understanding is these bikes had either a fuel gage and indicator, or just the fuel low indicator... my bike is having an issue where the fuel low indicator light stays on.  Has anyone on here resolved this before?  Looking up the float switch part on the fishe and its $400... has anyone done a cheaper alternative?

Morning  350sierra

Yes, it can be resolved-- It just depends on what is wrong with it & how much time, money, effort you want to spend repairing it. 

It might be as easy as the internal fuel level float is contacting then hanging up on the internal hoses, or possibly the float has crumbled off of the wire float arm, or an electrical problem with the float sender unit.  

You will probably have to take the tank off, then remove the pump assembly to figure out what is wrong with yours. Once you find the problem then you can assess what to do to repair it. 

OR, just remove the low fuel bulb then use the odometer to know how far to ride before stopping for fuel.