IGNORED

40 years of GS

RandyShields

RandyShields

Just saw this the other day -- it's a short video of some GS legends and the history of the GS -- at the same time with a teaser on the just-released mid-sized GS models in the black and gold livery.  Very well done video and great looking new bikes!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=40+years+of+bmw+gs&docid=13826113167775&mid=A99DEC4736CCB4BF6AA1A99DEC4736CCB4BF6AA1&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Like 4

The GSA...I’d like to see them integrate the regular GS beak (or similar) along with the factory tank pad that is on the regular GS. 

Some version of black, be it TB or the Bumblebee yellow accents. :thumbsup:

That’s all, I’m not being difficult. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The GSA...I’d like to see them integrate the regular GS beak (or similar) along with the factory tank pad that is on the regular GS. 

Some version of black, be it TB or the Bumblebee yellow accents. :thumbsup:

That’s all, I’m not being difficult. :classic_biggrin:

Pat, nothing a little money can't fix!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It was suggested over at ADV Rider that color options will be the only GS/A change for 21. Not sure how strong or reliable that info is but the poster seemed to have an in. 

Anybody itching to see something new? Or, is it just me...:dontknow:

RandyShields

Not a big fan of the current 1250 colors.  Would love to see a return so some of the RT 1100 green and blue colors, but doubt that is going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Prunelles over on ADV seems to have inside dealer info that suggested a slight GS facelift, (details sketchy) (Possibly adaptive cruise and cornering headlights) he did have a picture of a TFT display with integrated navigation.  Early October we should see more according to him and his sources. :thumbsup:

eb8f972d-855f-4490-a46f-7e3b00ca65af-jpe

Sifting through the replies on ADV, a European dealer is telling a few that there will be a 40th anniversary edition 1250 GS / A. I assume they are going to use yellow trim as they did with the 850s’. Also mentioned was a triple black. The other tidbit was an extra large TFT display on the 21 RT. All just speculation at this point but better than nothing. :grin:

I like the window-dressing I guess, but dem gold wheels are back. :facepalm:

6A551243-DFEB-4C57-B27C-7937E73FA2D6.jpeg

No Gold Wheels here...:dontknow:

BMW-R-1150-GS-Adventure-1.jpg

Or, here...:5146:

bmw-8cmyk.jpg

Ok, quit your bitchin’ :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Opine Time. I think they gave up at the tank graphics but other than that, the TB is as Freddie Prinze would say, Looking Good! :grin: The neat dual purpose European turn signals gonna make it here? Probably not! :(  

2021-BMW-R1250GS-Adventure-TripleBlack-3

• 2 weeks later...

I know, even though I’m not wearing them out, life is short! :grin: Trade values (over the phone) have taken a hit (time does that I guess) so we have that to think about.

Also, I’ve been advised that when manufacturers paint their bikes black, it’s a strong possibility that it may be the last year before a complete upgrade.

I only want to buy one new bike, not one this year and another one next year. :grin: But, going back to that “life is short” thing. :dontknow:

Once I get my bike the way I like it, and being the cheap sob that I am, I tend to run them into the ground before moving on.

Just like with dogs, the new one is never as good as the old one, until it's old too!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Once I get my bike the way I like it, and being the cheap sob that I am, I tend to run them into the ground before moving on.

Just like with dogs, the new one is never as good as the old one, until it's old too!

On my 2006 Rt, I was gonna use it as a trade for the GSA, but when the dealer said that they'd likely put it in the back and use for spare parts, I just didn't have the heart to let it go.  She's got 140k and several bruises from the two laydowns in ice, but still going strong.  I alternate the RT on my short week for work and the GSA for the long week.

• Like 1

How bout a picture of that thing ^ ? Don’t know why but I have a vision of it being yellow with flames, ape hangers and of course straight pipes. :dontknow: :grin:

7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

How bout a picture of that thing ^ ? Don’t know why but I have a vision of it being yellow with flames, ape hangers and of course straight pipes. :dontknow: :grin:

2 out of 3 ain't bad! I'm a black bike kind of guy...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...