Shelterwoods

BMW Motorrad Connected App

Shelterwoods

I am trying to import a GPX file into the BMW Motorrad Connected App. When I do try to import, the app will show the route, and give me the option to press "GO". However, when I press GO, the app starts to process, then comes back with "No route found". When I input the address that I want to go to using the search box, it works. I have used the app previously with my R1250RS, but have not tried to import a GPX file previously. Is there a special way to use this app when importing a GPX file?

Del

Aum

What's the source of the GPX file? I've imported several GPX files exported by REVER and Basecamp with no problem.

Mike

dirtrider
On 7/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Shelterwoods said:

I am trying to import a GPX file into the BMW Motorrad Connected App. When I do try to import, the app will show the route, and give me the option to press "GO". However, when I press GO, the app starts to process, then comes back with "No route found". When I input the address that I want to go to using the search box, it works. I have used the app previously with my R1250RS, but have not tried to import a GPX file previously. Is there a special way to use this app when importing a GPX file?

Del

Afternoon Del

I am not much help on what you are asking but my limited suggestion is to try to import a very small route made on roads that YOU KNOW  have not changed in years.

It's possible the map that the imported route was made on doesn't match the same roads that are in your imported-to motorcycle device.   

If  a small route on known existing roads works then you can track down WHY the one you are working with now doesn't work (ie too many points, too large of a file, roads not matching, corrupt route, etc.

Seeing as it is a .GPX are you SURE that it is a route & not a track that you are importing? Will that route that you are now trying to import open in BaseCamp as a ROUTE?

Shelterwoods

In the meantime, I'm using the web to find the address, then programming into the app. For now, that is working. I'll try the attached you mention soon.

Thank you.