IGNORED

New member - returned to the fold

RapidRobert

RapidRobert

I don't why why I never joined up here before, because before I bought my new-to-me 2005 R1200 ST I've owned 5 BMW's previously, and I'm sure I visited here as a guest at some point. Anyway... Me: 40 years riding experience, mostly on Hondas and Yamahas. The last 5 and 1/2 years on Triumphs, first a Bonneville, then a Thunderbird 1600 cruiser. Great bikes, but routine maintenance, like wheel removal for a tire change, was a be-yotch compared to the BMW's I've owned. This spring I decided I wanted back on a Beemer, so with the Thunderbird sold, I found this 2005 R1200 ST on Cycletrader that appeared to be clean, fairly low mileage at 19k, and priced in my comfort zone. It was 800 miles away though, and I didn't feel comfortable doing a fly & ride or even a trailer haul during a pandemic, so I had it shipped via Haulbikes. It took 30 days to reach me, but it was worth the wait.

Since it came home I've put fresh tires on front and rear, and added a ZTechnik Vstream windshield (big thumbs up on that!). The stock seat isn't worth a crap, so I'll be looking to do some mods or replacement there.  Great to be back on a BMW for my retirement bike, and maybe even my final bike. I'm in NE Texas, BTW. Hope to meet some of y'all at some Un-Rally or something next year.

20200625_112341.thumb.jpg.733e9a60ecc115104bbc72ad7b06b838.jpg20200625_112400.thumb.jpg.f0b3e462dbcf9e05d0755dbc7f73d055.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting blue passenger seat, never seen that before. Looks as clean as can be, good luck with it and welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice!! I have the same bike..... non-ABS as well. Estimates are only about 50 ST's came into the US without ABS.

Nobody knows what they are till they see the BMW emblem. Welcome!