IGNORED

Motoscan upgrade, now what?

TexBB

Originally downloaded the light version.  Quickly found out I couldn’t reset the maintence interval or time to next maintenance.  So, went into the app and upgraded to the super delux (~$45).  Purchase of the ‘upgrade’  was a rodeo for me as I wasn’t fluent with google pay and that process (iPhone user). But, finally got everything to say I paid and the app now says I’ve purchased the super delux version. 

The problem now is I can’t reset the mileage and time to next maintenance?  Says in the pop up text frame that the light version won’t do this. Wondering if it will take some time for the app to refresh?  Do I uninstall and reinstall?   Should I be patient and let it take care of itself?  

Thx for your time!

I guess I was too impatient.....   It works now.  I guess it takes some time for motoscan to update .  Happy happy happy!!

• Like 1

I guess I was too impatient.....   It works now.  I guess it takes some time for motoscan to update .  Happy happy happy!!

i purchased an Android ‘Pre paid’ phone at Walmart.  Cost around $35. I’m new to the android. Also, seem to be getting more and more technically challenged in my older age.  Trying to learn all I can. 

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, TexBB said:

Originally downloaded the light version.  Quickly found out I couldn’t reset the maintence interval or time to next maintenance.  So, went into the app and upgraded to the super delux (~$45).  Purchase of the ‘upgrade’  was a rodeo for me as I wasn’t fluent with google pay and that process (iPhone user). But, finally got everything to say I paid and the app now says I’ve purchased the super delux version. 

The problem now is I can’t reset the mileage and time to next maintenance?  Says in the pop up text frame that the light version won’t do this. Wondering if it will take some time for the app to refresh?  Do I uninstall and reinstall?   Should I be patient and let it take care of itself?  

Thx for your time!

Tex how are you connecting to the Motoscan app, bluetooth?

I'm going to try using with a Samsung phone and an OBDII and I'm not sure if I need to connect through a cable or through BT. You'd think the developer pages would give some detail but it's obviously not enough for me lol

I plugged the circular shape adapter into the port locate on right side of the bike.  Mine is a 2016.   It connected fine, but needed ignition in the ‘on’ position to find the maintenance menu needed to reset (as I remember).   Found the menu, and reset maintenance flag.   Bluetooth connection, Motorola galaxy phone with the green scanner / tool suggested.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 2
On 8/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, AZgman said:

One trick is to get the correct BMW round plug to OBDII adapter cable. Some fit, and some don't. Which adapter worked for you Tex?

hqdefault.jpg

On 8/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, TexBB said:

I plugged the circular shape adapter into the port locate on right side of the bike.  Mine is a 2016.   It connected fine, but needed ignition in the ‘on’ position to find the maintenance menu needed to reset (as I remember).   Found the menu, and reset maintenance flag.   Bluetooth connection, Motorola galaxy phone with the green scanner / tool suggested.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks Tex, that's great info.