IGNORED

Easy Rider Big Blue motorcycle lift

PatM

Anyone here use one? 

https://bigbluemotorcyclelift.com/product/easy-rizer-big-blue/

I'm looking for a lift that can be used with my RT LC and my wife's bikes. We have a cramped garage so a lift table is out. A bigger garage would be appreciated but is out too. LOL

I've seen the Kendon lift. It's interesting but probably would only work with my RT.

I came across an add for the big blue lift and would appreciate your thoughts or experience with that lift. 

Thanks

Motorhead1977

Ahhhhh, perils of being on a "smart phone". No video visible until I went to full site not mobile version. Thanks for pointing that out.👍The RevZilla price doesn't include the adapter plate. They get $120 more for it.

Edited by Motorhead1977
Added info

I used a Big Blue for the past 8 years on Harleys, GSAs, LTs, RTs, dirt bikes, and Ninjas all without complaint.  There are some drawbacks.  The post blocks easy access to one side of the bike.   Sometimes you need a bike specific adapter.  It still takes up a lot of room in a cramped garage.     I just sold mine last month along with a bunch of other stuff to fund my next garage lift solution.  I am documenting the process here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/countersinking-my-motorcycle-lift-table.1453993/

In short, I purchased and modified a high-lift (biggest difference between down and up I could find) motorcycle table lift.  Then I proceeded to cut a hole in my garage floor to mount the top flush with the floor.   No lost garage space and no problem driving a 6,000 pound truck over it (one wheel at a time), not that it would fit in my garage anyway.  

Drawbacks:  once fully installed, the only drawback I imagine is the need to clean out the inside of the pit once in a while.  Plus, I gain a variable height work table for other projects.  

• Like 1
Bill_Walker
18 hours ago, PatM said:

I had an older version of this.  It works, but getting the bike onto it can be a bit of a project, with the need to install and align the various adapters and clamps.  Less of an issue if you only have one bike and can leave the thing assembled.  Also, the post can get in the way of stuff you want to reach.

I replaced mine with a Harbor Freight table lift that I store under my workbench, with a bunch of stuff stored on top of it.  It's waaaay easier to use, but it does take a little digging to get it out.

Sent an inquiry to Bursig on availability of an adapter plate for my 850GSA, that looks like the way I’d like to go. Thanks for the suggestion LAF. 

• Like 1

Hi Pat

I have  Redrock lift that I got from Pricess Auto.

Similar to the Kendon but much cheaper. (BTW Kendon doesn't ship to Canada)

Because it's a narrow lift, (like the Kendon) I had to build a plate in order to use the center stand. But it works pretty well.

Works manually or with a compressor.

(No pictures with the new bike though :4322: )

P_20180427_180516.jpg

P_20180427_154814.jpg

P_20180710_123940 1.jpg

Red Rock Motorcycle lift dimensions SKU 8708299.jpg

On 7/11/2020 at 5:58 AM, Carlisja said:

... I purchased a ... motorcycle table lift.  Then I proceeded to cut a hole in my garage floor to mount the top flush with the floor.  ...

I lusted after that solution.  I mentioned it to my wife, explaining all the benefits.  Between sips of coffee, while reading a magazine, she provided a detailed and thoughtful response: "No." :)

So, I did the next best thing I could think of.  I built some side-ramps for a Harbor Freight lift.  The biggest issue with the HF lift, in my opinion, is getting the bike safely on and off.  With the side ramps, I can confidently ride on, and coast off.  Easy.  But, with the ramps in place, you can't raise the lift.  So, to make the ramps stay securely in place during the on-off process, but still make it easy to remove them for raising the lift, I placed "clips" on the edges of the ramps to engage with the edges of the HF lift.  

I needed to make the height match the lowered height of the lift, so I built some box structures to support the side ramps.  

Finally, as others have noted, the HF lift has a movable plate on top that tends to catch the center stand.  I came close to dropping the bike once when that happened.  My solution was to place a piece of cardboard where the center stand rests.  Problem solved.

lift ramps.jpg

Lift Ramp Detail.jpg

center stand hack.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Cap said:

I lusted after that solution.  I mentioned it to my wife, explaining all the benefits.  Between sips of coffee, while reading a magazine, she provided a detailed and thoughtful response: "No." :)

So, I did the next best thing I could think of.  I built some side-ramps for a Harbor Freight lift.  The biggest issue with the HF lift, in my opinion, is getting the bike safely on and off.  With the side ramps, I can confidently ride on, and coast off.  Easy.  But, with the ramps in place, you can't raise the lift.  So, to make the ramps stay securely in place during the on-off process, but still make it easy to remove them for raising the lift, I placed "clips" on the edges of the ramps to engage with the edges of the HF lift.  

I needed to make the height match the lowered height of the lift, so I built some box structures to support the side ramps.  

Finally, as others have noted, the HF lift has a movable plate on top that tends to catch the center stand.  I came close to dropping the bike once when that happened.  My solution was to place a piece of cardboard where the center stand rests.  Problem solved.

lift ramps.jpg

Lift Ramp Detail.jpg

center stand hack.jpg

WOW Cap nice job :18:I too could you this solution but I don't think I can match your carpentry skills.  If you have any plans you could share I'd like a copy.

PatM, if there is any way to get a lift table to fit in your garage, maybe by parking the car over the top of it when not in use, or sliding it all the way forward and to a corner to get car(s) to fit, try and do it. It might mean redesigning a work bench or storage racks in the garage to make it fit, but it would be worth it. The table has been a game changer for me for working on bikes. So much so, that most of my friends have gotten their own once they saw the advantages of mine.

2 hours ago, Hosstage said:

PatM, if there is any way to get a lift table to fit in your garage, maybe by parking the car over the top of it when not in use, or sliding it all the way forward and to a corner to get car(s) to fit, try and do it. It might mean redesigning a work bench or storage racks in the garage to make it fit, but it would be worth it. The table has been a game changer for me for working on bikes. So much so, that most of my friends have gotten their own once they saw the advantages of mine.

It's been a long time since I was able to park a car in my garage LOL

I thought about that, reorganizing so I could move a table in there. That is still an option. 

Daniel's table doesn't seem to be available at Princess auto anymore.

I saw comments here and on other forums and FB about Big blue and I don't like the adaptors. It looks like securing the bike requires a helper or a wheel stand. Meh!

The Abba sky lift looks like a better solution than big blue.

The Bursig, I'm not sure how stable it is. And it doesn't raise the bike high enough IMO.

Keep the suggestions coming.  Thanks.20200712_131400.thumb.jpg.5027fd9904755f001865050bc34bf6db.jpg 

Edited by PatM
Edit for clarification and speeeling. LOL

Plenty of room for a table in there! You could park one of the bikes on it, and the footprint it takes up would be negated. My Handy lift comes with a dolly to move it around, even with a bike on it.

As far as table lifts go, get the best you can afford, you will not regret it. While the Harbor Freight lift works for many people, it would not be on my short list. I would by a good used one first, and in fact, did.

How large is the Handy table? How heavy? Any pics you would care to share?

I agree on the Harbour freight one. 

ps. The pic makes my garage look bigger than it actually is. LOL

Thanks

The Handy lift is heavy, if shipped from the factory they require a dock delivery, no home delivery. But, I have loaded it into my pickup by myself. And they are expensive, upwards of $1800 new right now, I think. But, with luck they can be found used for anywhere from $500 to $1000. Check Craigslist and Facebook market, any other motorcycle sale sites for used.

I don't have any good pictures right now, but a Google search turns them up.

There are many other brands available, Direct Lift is a good one, along with others, anywhere from about $800 to $1300. A Google search of motorcycle table lifts turns up quite a few.

Here is one that looks pretty good, wheel vise sold separately. If you do not have a compressor, a pancake compressor for under $100 works fine, even a cheap Harbor Freight unit would work.

https://www.garageappeal.com/M-1000c.aspx?network=g&device=m&keyword=&campaign=2015991544&adgroup=pla-298884463821&utm_campaign=**LP+-+Shop+-+Automotive+-+Lifts+-+Misc.&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6ar4BRDnARIsAITGzlBJ8QZDRgKPU7826aAVA59dVLpxgojs5vz91HFc39ZLJMQBUzjLd3oaAlJfEALw_wcB

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after much research and thoughts, I've decided to go with the Abba Sky lift.
I'll post comments and pics when it gets here.
Thanks all for your input.

• Like 1

Please let us know how it works for you.  The only reason I dont have one or the other is rough concrete.  I am curious how it rolls with weight on it.  My fear for me was it is so low to the ground that rough concrete is going to have clearance issues.

I have NO idea if that is so or not, so I look forward to your impressions.

Hi

I have a Abba lift for my 17RT   Lift works great but moving around on anything other than a billiard table surface  is a little difficult.  I have a rough concrete garage floor covered with a plastic  garage floor covering.  It works better on the concrete but its still a bit difficult.

I found that the lift arm has to be set at the lowest option and you can't insert the  bar to hold the rear level until you have taken it up about half an inch.

You can load it by yourself  but you do have to balance it whilst you walk around to add the second part of the lift clamp.

Makes working on the bike much easier

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, the Abba lift came in yesterday. image.gif.38bf2e9168f416d3bd1ed4a41b0e7d87.gif:5188:

My first impressions.

It took me about an hour to assemble, the assembly instruction are a bit confusing but their assembly video clears a lot of question you may have.

Using both, you get the whole thing assembled and working without issues.

The lift is well made, good strong parts and welds, good paint finish.  I am really impressed with the overall quality.

The only weakness I see is the foot pump pedal for the air jack is sort of flimsy but it does what you need it to do.

Using the lift is easy, I was afraid having to go around the bike to insert the arm on the other side, the bike may fall. 

In reality, once you insert the left hand side of the lift, it almost stays upright by itself. 

Once raised, the lift is very stable, as much or maybe more so than on a worktable. 

I agree with you Exportman, moving the bike around requires a perfect floor and the rear bar can't be inserted until you raise the bike a bit. 

I did use the lower hole like you said and I set the bike's suspension at its highest level, as if I had a passenger. That made inserting the lift clamp easy.

Bike on lift (Small).jpeg

• Like 1

Cool lift :18:

I would probably have bought one also but it could not be used with the Hexhead I had at the time.

I'm wondering if it blocks access to some part of the bike on the left side where the pump is?

BTW I put the new bike on my lift and figured out how to support the bike (Without touching the exhaust) and lift the front to remove both wheels at the same time.

The OEM tires are already shot after only 13,000 km...:5146:

20200812_133355.thumb.jpg.95a46a4a9875885ff85e8d412c1c72f0.jpg

10 hours ago, Dann said:

The OEM tires are already shot after only 13,000 km...

I would be pleased with 8000 miles.  I typically get  less.  One of the many things I like about the wethead RT is that the front and rear tires get about the same wear.  I am accustomed to having a rear tire wear faster than the front -- and then needing to juggle when to replace front and rear as I plan a long trip.  

10 hours ago, Cap said:

I would be pleased with 8000 miles.  I typically get  less.  One of the many things I like about the wethead RT is that the front and rear tires get about the same wear.  I am accustomed to having a rear tire wear faster than the front -- and then needing to juggle when to replace front and rear as I plan a long trip.  

I used to get 18-19000km from the Bridgestone T-31 GT on my 07 (11-12,000 mi)

I've ordered a set. I'll see if it's different on the 1250

YMMV

22 hours ago, Dann said:

Cool lift :18:

I would probably have bought one also but it could not be used with the Hexhead I had at the time.

I'm wondering if it blocks access to some part of the bike on the left side where the pump is?

BTW I put the new bike on my lift and figured out how to support the bike (Without touching the exhaust) and lift the front to remove both wheels at the same time.

The OEM tires are already shot after only 13,000 km...:5146:

20200812_133355.thumb.jpg.95a46a4a9875885ff85e8d412c1c72f0.jpg

Thanks,

Not really, it uses the swingarm pivot which is well behind the engine and there is a 10 inches gap between the lift and the frame.

You can easily remove the panels on both sides even when on the lift. And there's not much maintenance required in that area anyways. 

I know they sell an adaptor kit if you need to work on the swingarm.

I'm looking for tires too, I got about 15K km on my last set of PR4GTs. I'm thinking of going to Contis Road Attack 3. 

• 5 months later...

I have a big blue and I love it, my R100S is parked on it now and has been for a month while I re-wire the whole thing.  I love that you can raise and lower to any height.  It does present a probelm when you need to remove the foot pegs though