IGNORED

Bike sold

Steve1962

Well,

20 years of beemer bike ownership came to an end an hour ago when I sold my R1100R.

Had some great rides over the years on a few Bavarian meisters - one 1150GS, two 1100RT'S, one 1200 RT and the 1100R.

I'll look to be back on two wheels again next year (life stuff is more important at the moment), and will be downsizing to something smaller and lighter although not sure what that will be.

In the meantime I'll still pop in every now and then.

Safe riding all, and twist the throttle in the bends for me next time you ride.

Cheers.

Steve

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Your posts, pictures and videos are always highly anticipated and enjoyed.

Be well.

Thanks.

Having sold the bike to someone I know in a professional capacity, I asked him to text me to let me know he had got home safely (light drizzle during his ride home about an hour and a half from my place).  3 hrs later he called me to say he'd come off the bike on a roundabout (back end just washed out from under him), and luckily the bike suffered only cosmetic damage (plastic engine rocker cover broken and snapped mirror along with indicator), and that he had a bruised leg but nothing more serious than that.

It seems that although the road surface was wet, there may also have been spilled fuel on it which is why he came off - bloody sods law!!

I've given him contact details for Motorworks (I've used them before) here in the UK, a useful resource for replacement parts both new and used for many BMW bikes, and I hope he can get it sorted without too much expense.

Steve

• Sad 1

I'm lucky enough to have spent time with you in England.  Always good to hear from you on this site.  Be well!

Marty

6 hours ago, Marty Hill said:

I'm lucky enough to have spent time with you in England.  Always good to hear from you on this site.  Be well!

Marty

Hi Marty

I remember that balmy summer’s day like it was yesterday 🤣🤣🤣 

Stay safe my friend.

Just spoke to Andy yesterday and he is doing fine.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Good to hear about Andy.   If you ever visit the colonies again please let me know. :3:

Marty  

11 minutes ago, Marty Hill said:

Hi Steve,

Good to hear about Andy.   If you ever visit the colonies again please let me know. :3:

Marty  

Hi Marty,

I was supposed to be on holiday in  western Canada right now (which is, after all, only a bike ride away from where you live...), and we have put the trip back a year for obvious reasons, so stick late July 2021 in yer calendar (unless of course you are washing your hair or something else important)......:3:

Steve

Only been without a bike for a day and a half and am already missing it like mad, even though I hadn't ridden for over a year..........just makes me resolve to get back on two wheels as soon as I can......

Steve

7 hours ago, Steve1962 said:

Hi Marty,

I was supposed to be on holiday in  western Canada right now (which is, after all, only a bike ride away from where you live...), and we have put the trip back a year for obvious reasons, so stick late July 2021 in yer calendar (unless of course you are washing your hair or something else important)......:3:

Steve

Let me know when your going to be there.  Wonderful part of Canada and I have no problem returning for a day or two.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bud said:

I've enjoyed watching your videos for a long time.

Best of luck with your changing plans.

Thanks Bud,

Am toying with the idea of a Honda - CB500X or NC700/750X.

My budget is tight so it won’t be the latest machine on the road, but there are plenty out there.