IGNORED

Tool Share In Ireland

Ladioviro

Is anyone in ireland and willing to share some special tools with me? I can pay deposits on them. I need the socket to tighten the left hand side locknut on the swingarm/final drive without turning the pivot pin inside. I understand I can make one relatively cheap with a deep socket and an allen wrench, but if I can save the money i'll try...

thanks

szurszewski

You can also set the pivot pin with the proper thread locker, let that set/harden, then put witness marks on the pin and housing, and set the locknut. In my experience, based on a handful of times I didn’t have the proper tool handy, I have found this to work very well. (Which is to say, I’ve not had the pin move when setting the lock nut, if the proper cure time was allowed.)

interesting. I saw chris harris saying that it can be set to 10-12nm where the book says 7nm, so I was thinking to mark the max point, set it to 8 or 9, and if it moves with the locknut but doesn't cross max point then I'll be good. 

Is it that delicate even? Does one just risk ruining the bearing race behind it or something larger?