IGNORED

White RT with Brown Seat?

Claudio

I am considering an aftermarket seat (Corbin has worked for me on other bikes) as I find the stock to soft (pressure points) and a bit low.

I am a sucker for a brown seat on a bike and was wondering if anyone has a white RT with a brown seat (Google Image Search turned up nothing of the sort).

It should be easy to change your seat color to brown  using a photo editing program. That would give you an idea of how it would look. 

I think a brown color goes well on just about any light colored bike.  I haven't seen that combo before.  But I think it would look great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx.  I used the configurator as suggested. Although I love the brown seat, without the pinstriping (e.g., Option 719) the Alpine white looks too modern for a rugged leather seat so I am going to stick with black for my Corbin.

Maybe you could contact a few dealers to see if they have that color combo on the showroom floor and put them together for a photo.  Just a thought.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, Claudio said:

I am a sucker for a brown seat on a bike and was wondering if anyone has a white RT with a brown seat (Google Image Search turned up nothing of the sort).

You’re not kidding, not a single picture of a white/ with brown seat RT out there. I was skeptical but then saw this and changed my mind a bit. Could be interesting! :thumbsup:

20200114_170537.jpg

5 hours ago, Ponch said:

Isn't a brown seat available through BMW? The 719 option seat?

Yep BMW has a Brown option as well. I am going Corbin for a different fit/ergonomic over stock.

Here is the configurator views. The already "transformer looking" RT gets even more visually noisy with brown on white/black.

image.png.34b5f9018661b19a30bf362806387a98.png

image.png.3a4cd9e9b2ed5c2692b29627a7bc5dc5.png

image.png.c3ac0fb017d0c545eb641ec6b05bd383.png

Fourteenfour...for digging up that pic, you get the use of the BMWST corporate jet for the weekend! :clap:  Shoot Whip a PM, he'll get it out to the nearest suitable airfield. :grin:

Don't fall for that "corporate jet for the weekend" fanfare like I did.   The photo is not what it seems.  :rofl:

Go on.  Show him.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Don't fall for that "corporate jet for the weekend" fanfare like I did.   The photo is not what it seems.  :rofl:

Go on.  Show him.

Hmm, I seem to have misplaced the photo but I assure you, it'll all buff out...:D

• Like 1

Actually, that brown seat does not look all that bad.  Need to whiten up the gray plastic, or turn it brown.  But, painting......too much just to change a seat.

It goes better with the Manhattan Matallic Green paint IMO but it really doesn’t matter because, I never got along with a stock BMW seat anyway. :dontknow:

E18CA850-E4B8-4CCC-8044-B3983AE9C603.jpeg

• Like 1

Any aftermarket seat other than black will hurt resale value if you ever sell the bike and don't include the stock seat.

Used Corbins in any color other than black typically sell for next to nothing.  Something to consider.  Check ebay.