IGNORED

Something continues to wheeze when I stop the engine

christianf

7 hours ago, christianf said:

Does anyone know what continues to operate when you turn the engine off after a ride on the 1150RT?

Morning  christianf

Is your 1150RT a standard 1150RT or an 1150RT-P (ex police motorcycle)? If an RT-P (police bike) it might be the radiator fan.

Otherwise we can't hear the noise so you will have to explain it to us in detail. 

Can you tell us where on the motorcycle the noise is coming from. (front, rear, center, top, bottom, etc?)

Nothing is supposed to run after key-off but sometimes a brake servo sticks on, or possibly someone added a radiator cooling fan & wired it to run when the engine gets hot but not to go off when the key is turned off (only shuts off when engine cools down). 

Has this problem always been there or did it just start. Does it run the battery down? 

Something to check--- Does the noise go away when you open the fuel filler cap? 

Do you have any aftermarket items on the bike.

Someone may have fitted a switching accessory block or assorted other things.

My bike is a R1150RT, it is not a police bike

The weezing sound happens occasionally even rarely. I thought  it was some cooling system like on my Audi which runs some time after the engine is off.

It happened yesterday when I came back from a 15mn ride and the ambiant temp was very comfortable.

Hmmm, I will keep my ears opened and let you know if that happens again.

Stay safe

8 minutes ago, christianf said:

My bike is a R1150RT, it is not a police bike

The weezing sound happens occasionally even rarely. I thought  it was some cooling system like on my Audi which runs some time after the engine is off.

It happened yesterday when I came back from a 15mn ride and the ambiant temp was very comfortable.

Hmmm, I will keep my ears opened and let you know if that happens again.

Stay safe

Morning  christianf

If it happens again, quickly open the gas cap to see if the noise stops.

• Like 1

So now, I remember couple days ago and again tonight when I started the motorcycle the brake failure started to blink quickly. The brakes were soft like there was no pressure on the other end. I started moving forward and then the breaks hardened and started to work fine again. I wander, would the wheezing sound I hear be cause with the brake issue I have. I remember there is a thread in the forum.

PS I haven't seen any fluide on the ground

Not sure, I drove for 1hr after that without a problem.

Edited by christianf
9 hours ago, christianf said:

So now, I remember couple days ago and again tonight when I started the motorcycle the brake failure started to blink quickly. The brakes were soft like there was no pressure on the other end. I started moving forward and then the breaks hardened and started to work fine again. I wander, would the wheezing sound I hear be cause with the brake issue I have. I remember there is a thread in the forum.

PS I haven't seen any fluide on the ground

Not sure, I drove for 1hr after that without a problem.

Morning  christianf

Anything is possible but until we verify where/what  the noise is coming from it is just guessing.  

I don’t know why but the wheezing is gone. The blinking brake test light went on high frequency again and stopped when I touched the key to turn off the engjne. I will clean up the switches for the break lights first. That won’t hurt 

great ride today in upstate NY. Cool air, some drizzle but nothing major. Great area for motorcycle riding. All turns all the time and beautiful mountains to travel through. Highly recommend