IGNORED

Non-factory radio?

DavidPorter

DavidPorter

My "new" '02 1150RT came with the factory radio kit but no radio. I have one that will fit, but obviously it won't plug into the factory harness. Does anyone make an adapter harness or have a wiring diagram for the factory harness? All I really want to do is install a mini-jack for headphones somewhere in the fairing, ideally without mucking up the factory wiring.

Thanks.

I think the radio adapter from a BMW Z3 is the same. I remember some one saying that you might have to cut a small piece of plastic off of it is all. Just car to the local audio shoppe and ask for a Z3 radio adapter made by SCOSCHE I think. A friend of mine did and everything plugged right in. Good Luck.

Sig - The directions for a radio install on your website are simply outstanding! Even an electrically challenged bozo like me could follow your instructions. Thank you very much! Rick

see my (very old) site for a radio "how-to".

and yes. a universal radio harness for a bmw z3 is what you want.

Sig,

Very nice web page for that radio installation. This may be what forces me to try it!! Just have to find a radio that will fit into the R1200RT's minimal radio space!

Once again, thanks for the link.

AD

Archived