IGNORED

Mixed up my fuel lines on my 2002 rt

rwirth@roadrunner.com

rwirth@roadrunner.com

While changing my quick connects I mixed up my fuel supply and returns , my question is where is the supply line to to and what would happen if I mixed them up .

spacewrench

I believe the return line just dumps back into the tank, while the feed line comes from the pump and pressurizes the line to the regulator, to be stepped down for the injectors.  If you mix them up, the pump will back-feed the regulator, and there'll be no pressurized gas heading to the injectors.  One way will run, and the other way won't.  I don't know whether you'll break things by running them backwards, though.

10 hours ago, rwirth@roadrunner.com said:

While changing my quick connects I mixed up my fuel supply and returns , my question is where is the supply line to to and what would happen if I mixed them up .

Morning  rwirth@roadrunner.com

The simple answer is: when correctly plumbed the hoses do not cross over each other. So that means that the UPPER hose is the "return" hose and the LOWER is the "supply" or pressure hose.

Crossing them won't hurt anything but they usually don't run very good when you do.