IGNORED

New member BeemMeUp intro

BeemMeUp

New member here.  Found myself bike-less this spring and caught the motorcycle virus.  V-twins are my weakness, last bike was an 04 MG Breva.  Having a BMW airhead has long been on my bucket list (180 degree V?)  but then I found a one owner 2000 R1100R with 9508 miles for $2500.  Mostly unused the past 10 years.  Seller did manage to jump start it.  Slow idled (~800 rpm on tach) for about 10-15 seconds with occasional hiccup, then died.  I had heard enough and made the deal.

I enjoy the wrenching probably more than the riding, so looking forward to getting this one road-worthy.

I found this site through Paul Mihalka's post at https://advrider.com/f/threads/looking-for-other-bmw-rider-forums.825949/ and follow-up endorsement by  cali_beemer.

MRN (Mr Roger's Neighborhood) indeed.  Given the current turmoil in the world, this seems like a good place to hang out.

image001.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking, I think you'll enjoy it! :thumbsup:

You may or may not know but Paul passed away about seven years ago. I didn't know him all that well in person but, enjoyed his online wisdom and his no BS approach to life, immensely. :clap:

Good luck with the bike and keep us informed on your progress.

• Thanks 1
RandyShields

Welcome.  Nice looking bike.  Very flickable.  Enjoy, but get some engine guards on those cylinders. 

• Thanks 1
Bill_Walker

Welcome aboard!  You'll find some great technical resource folks for your bike in the Oilhead subforum.  

Where are you from?

• Thanks 1