IGNORED

2012RT Bulb replacement

charles.comer@comcast.net

I have large hands and have the bike completely apart. I cannot get the faring over wind shield supports. I want to take lighting housing out and replace the bulbs on the work bench. Is there a utube out there that might show me how to take the faring off 

32 minutes ago, charles.comer@comcast.net said:

I have large hands and have the bike completely apart. I cannot get the faring over wind shield supports. I want to take lighting housing out and replace the bulbs on the work bench. Is there a utube out there that might show me how to take the faring off 

Evening Charles

You are working on a camhead 1200RT not a hexhead.

In any case you will probably have to remove the windshield holder clips & pins then strap the windscreen holders out of the way to get the upper panel off over the windscreen holders (windshield supports).

Seems like a LOT of extra work to simply replace headlight bulbs, I have large hands & have no problem replacing bulbs.

1200 screen  holder.JPG

1200 screen holder 2.JPG

Dirt Rider 

It was a lot of work but I also needed to get access to my wiring for my little clear water lights mounted on the front wheel. One is not working so I needed to track down the problem. The guy that installed them did a great job of hiding the wires I needed full access figure out the problem since they have a lifetime warranty. 

Thanks for the pictures 

Chuck Comer