IGNORED

Fan radiator?

christianf

I have a small round switch on my dashboard which seems to start a fan. I am not sure what it is or when to use it. Anyone can tell me what this is all about?

what bike?  I saw another post by you.  If it is 1150RT and not a police bike 1150RTP, they didn't come with fans.  It was pretty easy to add a fan and some folks did.  My guess is the previous owner added a fan and that is the switch.  It helps with cooling in really hot conditions.  can you post a picture of the switch and the fan?

8 hours ago, christianf said:

I have a small round switch on my dashboard which seems to start a fan. I am not sure what it is or when to use it. Anyone can tell me what this is all about?

Picture?

• 3 weeks later...

Authority bikes had an electric oil cooler fan. It looks as though someone has fitted the fan and then hard wired it to an accessory switch.

This isn't the OEM set-up.

Now, the thing you need to ascertain is, is it also automatically switched 'on' with a thermostat (as well as with that switch).

These bikes didn't need the fan. They are used in some outrageous situations and have coped admirably without the fan.

I would go as far as to argue that the fan and it's housing make things worse (unless the fan is running) as it reduces the available air flow over the oil cooler.