IGNORED

Need recommendation for waist length textile jacket.

Dave_in_TX

Dave_in_TX

Looking for a waist length textile jacket with plenty of venting that can be adjusted. I'm looking to replace my Olympia Airglide that was damaged in a deer collision recently. I'm not looking for a mesh jacket. My Airglide, with its large amount of mesh, actually flows a bit too much air at highway speeds in triple digit temperatures while on my R1200GS. I'm hoping to stay below $500. The Olympia Expedition 2 looks like a good possibility. If anyone has experience with the Expedition, I'd like to hear about it.

JustKrusen

Bought this last fall from Motorcyclegear.com. Love the jacket.

Olympia Richmond Jacket - Grey, Size Medium [$139.00]

I'd love to find a Richmond jacket somewhere. Everybody is sold out of my size (XL) and Olympia is out of business. Hoping to find a good used one, or a good used AST or AST 2.

Dave_in_TX
7 hours ago, JustKrusen said:

Bought this last fall from Motorcyclegear.com. Love the jacket.

Olympia Richmond Jacket - Grey, Size Medium [$139.00]

Isn"t that a 3/4 length?

Dave_in_TX
5 hours ago, RogerC60 said:

I'd love to find a Richmond jacket somewhere. Everybody is sold out of my size (XL) and Olympia is out of business. Hoping to find a good used one, or a good used AST or AST 2.

What makes you think they are out of business? 

Olympia was purchased by a Canadian company; Motovan. It has been reported on the Internet, (so it must be true!), that they went out of business. Their website says otherwise.

Motovan may not be completely out of business, but they are in bankruptcy proceedings. Olympia products have been in short supply all year, with many vendors listing them as closeout items. It's unlikely their financial troubles would be mentioned on the website - that would damage their reputation and hurt potential sales of the company. If you can find an Olympia product that you want, in your size, grab it now!

2 hours ago, AZgman said:

Olympia was purchased by a Canadian company; Motovan. It has been reported on the Internet, (so it must be true!), that they went out of business. Their website says otherwise.

Okay, that's what I was reading, on the BMWMOA forums.

Dave_in_TX
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I got this Olympia last month and it looks brand spanking new for $37 shipped.

37525571372242bea1.JPG

Flows a great amount of air.

Yes, it does. I have one like that I need to replace after a collision with a deer. The problem with that jacket is it actually flows too much air at highway speeds in triple digit temperatures while on a GS. Too much hot air flow just makes you hotter. I'm hoping to find something with adjustable venting.

4 hours ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Yes, it does. I have one like that I need to replace after a collision with a deer. The problem with that jacket is it actually flows too much air at highway speeds in triple digit temperatures while on a GS. Too much hot air flow just makes you hotter. I'm hoping to find something with adjustable venting.

Don't know what size you are, but here's an XL Tourmaster

https://sgwproductimages.azureedge.net/107/6-2-2020/19163142105913jalm.JPG

And a Firstgear in large

509288929547dman.jpg

Not to be too preach-y but if you want a separate jacket, you should get one that can attach to your pants.

Many track day events won't approve anything else.

The thing is, if your pants aren't attached to (essentially) your shoulders, they (the pants) can come off as you slide down the road ... ouch!  At least to your ankles, but just to your knees would be bad enough.

Of course serious racers wear one-piece leathers, but there are plenty of jacket/pants combinations that will zip together.  I'd look to upgrade your safety.  You could find a set and buy the jacket now, the pants soon.

Soon, then, you can think about gloves that won't come off as you slide down the road.