IGNORED

New to the RT

Dreamer

Hi, this is my new 2015 bike. I had a K75 before for a long time, but this is totally different! Not know anything yet, did all the maintenance myself, but wit this bike it’s a mystery. Driving is an absolute pleasure. Must hit the road with my wife soon.

0834E960-9364-479A-A4A7-E3FEE59ADDBB.jpeg

• Like 1

I rode a K75 a few times and as smooth as that engine was, the new RT is so much more, everywhere. Good luck with it and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Hi, this is my new 2015 bike. I had a K75 before for a long time, but this is totally different! Not know anything yet, did all the maintenance myself, but wit this bike it’s a mystery. Driving is an absolute pleasure. Must hit the road with my wife soon.

Hey Dreamer. Welcome! I always liked that blue. Just an FYI. 2010 through 2013 RTs are called "Camheads" because they added a 2nd overhead cam. Starting in 2014 through 2017, the RTs fall into the "Wethead" category because they use water cooling. 2018-Present are nicknamed "Shiftheads" because they have exhaust cams that switch between two locations for performance vs. efficiency optimization.

You are going to love that machine.

17 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Welcome Dreamer. I also love the color. Consider yourself hooked. 

Thanks for the welcome. And Pappy45 thanks for the explaination about Camhead, Wethead and Shifthead. Did not know that. Is wethead same as LC?

Have found storage space behind the speakers where I put a compressor, bulbs etc. Nice. Still need to figure out where the battery is located for connection an USB connection.

46 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Thanks for the welcome. And Pappy45 thanks for the explaination about Camhead, Wethead and Shifthead. Did not know that. Is wethead same as LC?

Have found storage space behind the speakers where I put a compressor, bulbs etc. Nice. Still need to figure out where the battery is located for connection an USB connection.

Yes, LC is liquid cooled/Wethead. Battery is behind right side cover above foot peg. 

Found it, thanks Rinkydink.  

I want to attatch a usb cable from the battery to a location behind the dashboard,
to mount a GPS Tracker. Is there a cable tunnel were I can guide the cable through from battery to dash?